5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- John Roberts
- Osama Bin Laden
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
- Ariel Sharon
- Terri Schiavo
- a a legal struggle involving prolonged life support in the United States that lasted from 1990 to 2005. The issue was whether to carry out the decision of the husband of her to terminate life support for her. She was diagnosed by doctors as being in a persistent vegetative state. The highly publicized and prolonged series of legal challenges presented by her parents and by state and federal legislative intervention effected a seven-year delay before life support finally was terminated
- b Founder of al Qaeda, the terrorist network responsible for the attacks of September 11, 2001, and other attacks., (1957-2011 ) Saudi Arabian multimillionaire and leader of the terrorist organization al-Qaeda. He is responsible for numerous terrorist attacks on the United States including the destruction of the World Trade Center.
- c is the sixth and current President of the Islamic Republic of Iran. He became president on 6 August 2005 after winning the 2005 presidential election by popular vote. Before becoming president, he was the Mayor of Tehran. He is the highest directly elected official in the country, but, according to Article 113 of Constitution of Iran, he has less total power than the Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who is the commander-in-chief of the armed forces of Iran and has the final word in all aspects of foreign and domestic policies.[
- d Chief Justice of the Supreme Court
- e an Israeli statesman and retired general, who served as Israel's 11th Prime Minister. He has been in a permanent vegetative state since suffering a stroke on 4 January 2006. In 2013, tests showed "robust activity" in his brain in response to pictures of his family and recordings of his son's voice.
5 Multiple choice questions
- policy advisor, lobbyist, former U.S. Senator from South Dakota, and former U.S. Senate Majority Leader. He is a member of the Democratic Party., A Senator that received a letter in his office that contained Anthrax
- Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States. He was nominated by President George W. Bush and has served on the court since January 31, 2006.
- 1990s; had affair with Clinton who denied it under oath, but there was physical evidence; he was impeached for perjury and his resulting political battles kept him from being productive in his final term paving way for the seemingly moral Bush in 2000
- Current liberal Republican governor of California. Well known for his roles in The Terminator and Kindergarten Cop. Married to Kennedy family member and television reporter Maria Shriver. Because he was born in Austria, Arnold cannot run for POTUS.
- an American politician, who served as a U.S. Senator from North Carolina. He was the Democratic nominee for Vice President in 2004, and was a candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2004 and 2008.
5 True/False questions
Slobodan Milosevic → President of Serbia from 1989 to 1997 and of Yugoslavia 1997 to 2000. A key figure in the ethnic conflicts in the Balkans in the 1900's., he became the leader of Yugoslavia in 1987 and then waged a war against both Croatia and Bosnia during the 1990s - this conflict also marked the first direct military action waged by NATO
Vladimir Putin → elected president of Russia in 2000, launched reforms aimed at boosting growth and budget revenues and keeping Russia on a strong economic track., 2000-2008; president of Russia; former KGB officer; promotes capitalism; current prime minister
OJ Simpson → Known as "The Trial of the Century". He was an ex-NFL player that played for the 49rs for a year then retired. His first wife's name was Margaret L. Whitley. His second wife's name was Nicole Brown, then they divorced. Nicole was found dead with her friend Ronald. He was guilty but was found innocent because of "Lack of Evidence". He is now in prison for stealing his own stuff
JonBenet Ramsey → served as the Attorney General of the United States, from 1993 to 2001. She was nominated by President Bill Clinton in 1993. She was the first woman to serve as Attorney General and the second longest serving Attorney General after William Wirt.
Pervez Musharraff → an Israeli statesman and retired general, who served as Israel's 11th Prime Minister. He has been in a permanent vegetative state since suffering a stroke on 4 January 2006. In 2013, tests showed "robust activity" in his brain in response to pictures of his family and recordings of his son's voice.