5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Theodore Kaczynski
- George W. Bush
- Slobodan Milosevic
- John Roberts
- John Kerry
- a born May 22, 1942 known as the Unabomber (University and Airline Bomber), is an American mathematician and social critic, who engaged in a mail bombing spree that spanned nearly 20 years, killing three people and injuring 23 others
- b Chief Justice of the Supreme Court
- c an American politician who is the 68th and current United States Secretary of State. He served as a United States Senator from Massachusetts from 1985 to 2013, and was chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. Kerry was the presidential nominee of the Democratic Party in the 2004 presidential election but lost to incumbent George W. Bush.
- d 43rd president of the US who began a campaign toward energy self-sufficiency and against terrorism in 2001
- e President of Serbia from 1989 to 1997 and of Yugoslavia 1997 to 2000. A key figure in the ethnic conflicts in the Balkans in the 1900's., he became the leader of Yugoslavia in 1987 and then waged a war against both Croatia and Bosnia during the 1990s - this conflict also marked the first direct military action waged by NATO
5 Multiple choice questions
- served as the Attorney General of the United States, from 1993 to 2001. She was nominated by President Bill Clinton in 1993. She was the first woman to serve as Attorney General and the second longest serving Attorney General after William Wirt.
- Served as the 45th Vice President of the United States from 1993 to 2001 under President Bill Clinton. Ran for President in 2000 and won popular vote but lost Electoral College
- In 1995, the Murrow Federal Building in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, was attacked by a large bomb that killed 168 people. The bombing was the act of this right-wing extremist.
- born 11 August 1943) is a retired four-star general and a politician who seized power through a military coup d'état in 1999. He served as the tenth President of Pakistan from 2001 until 2008. Prior to that, he was the 13th Chief of Army Staff from October 1998 till November 2007, and was also the tenth Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee of Pakistan Armed Forces from 1998 until 2001.
- Current liberal Republican governor of California. Well known for his roles in The Terminator and Kindergarten Cop. Married to Kennedy family member and television reporter Maria Shriver. Because he was born in Austria, Arnold cannot run for POTUS.
5 True/False questions
Tom Daschle → Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States. He was nominated by President George W. Bush and has served on the court since January 31, 2006.
Osama Bin Laden → Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States. He was nominated by President George W. Bush and has served on the court since January 31, 2006.
Kenneth Starr → served as the Attorney General of the United States, from 1993 to 2001. She was nominated by President Bill Clinton in 1993. She was the first woman to serve as Attorney General and the second longest serving Attorney General after William Wirt.
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad → an Israeli politician who served as Prime Minister from 1999 to 2001. He was leader of the Labour Party until January 2011 He previously held the posts of Minister of Defense and Deputy Prime Minister in Binyamin Netanyahu's second government from 2009 to 2013.
Terri Schiavo → a legal struggle involving prolonged life support in the United States that lasted from 1990 to 2005. The issue was whether to carry out the decision of the husband of her to terminate life support for her. She was diagnosed by doctors as being in a persistent vegetative state. The highly publicized and prolonged series of legal challenges presented by her parents and by state and federal legislative intervention effected a seven-year delay before life support finally was terminated