5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Power rests in the body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by representatives chosen directly or indirectly by them.
- b The policy of extending the rule or authority of an empire or nation over foreign countries.
- c The beliefs, knowledge, and patterns of living that people develop through living together.
- d Having moral excellence or character.
- e Form of government that unites different territories and peoples under one ruler.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A family, society, community, or state governed by men.
- A professional soldier hired to serve in a foreign army.
- Money or goods a woman brings to a marriage.
- Term for kingdom; a form of government headed by a king or queen.
- An absolute ruler.
5 True/False questions
Immigration → To leave one country or region to settle in another.
Egalitarian → Characterized by belief in the equality of all people.
Nobles → Persons of noble or 'honorable' rank or birth.
Civilization → Highly organized societies with complex institutions and attitudes that link a large number of people together.
Magistrate → To tame animals such as cattle, goats, sheep, and pigs to the advantage of human beings.