5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A narrow strip of land connecting two larger land areas.
- b A family, society, community, or state governed by women.
- c Belief in one God.
- d A family, society, community, or state governed by men.
- e To tame animals such as cattle, goats, sheep, and pigs to the advantage of human beings.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Family of rulers whose right to rule is hereditary.
- The right to vote.
- Exchange of one commodity or service for another.
- Power rests in the body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by representatives chosen directly or indirectly by them.
- Oppressive power exerted by government.
5 True/False questions
Crucify → Clerk who read and wrote for those who could not do so themselves.
Scribe → Form of government that unites different territories and peoples under one ruler.
Mercenary → A professional soldier hired to serve in a foreign army.
Anthropologists → These people excavate ancient settlements and study artifacts so they can piece together information on the culture of earlier people.
Nomads → Persons of noble or 'honorable' rank or birth.