5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Characterized by belief in the equality of all people.
- b A person owing loyalty to and entitled by birth or naturalization to rights given by a state or nation.
- c Oppressive power exerted by government.
- d These people excavate ancient settlements and study artifacts so they can piece together information on the culture of earlier people.
- e A professional soldier hired to serve in a foreign army.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Term for kingdom; a form of government headed by a king or queen.
- A civil officer charged with the administration of the law.
- A family, society, community, or state governed by women.
- To treat cruelly; torment.
- The right to vote.
5 True/False questions
Monotheism → Belief in one God.
Emigration → To leave one country or region to settle in another.
Scribe → Clerk who read and wrote for those who could not do so themselves.
Empire → Form of government that unites different territories and peoples under one ruler.
Virtuous → A narrow strip of land connecting two larger land areas.