5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A person who joins in a secret agreement to do an unlawful or wrongful act.
- b A member of a people who have no permanent home but move from place to place usually seasonally and within a well-defined territory.
- c Persons of noble or 'honorable' rank or birth.
- d To treat cruelly; torment.
- e The policy of extending the rule or authority of an empire or nation over foreign countries.
5 Multiple choice questions
- An elite group of people whose progress is based on ability and talent rather than on class privilege or wealth.
- Material objects shaped by human beings or the hominids who preceded them.
- Period of time before people kept written records.
- The record of events since people first developed writing, about 5,000 years ago.
- Money or goods a woman brings to a marriage.
5 True/False questions
Virtuous → A narrow strip of land connecting two larger land areas.
City-state → Form of government that consisted of a town or city and the surrounding land it controlled.
Matriarchy → A family, society, community, or state governed by men.
Archaeologists → These people excavate ancient settlements and study artifacts so they can piece together information on the culture of earlier people.
Judicial → Of or relating to judgement.