5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a An elite group of people whose progress is based on ability and talent rather than on class privilege or wealth.
- b A person who joins in a secret agreement to do an unlawful or wrongful act.
- c People who study the artifacts and remains of humans in order to learn about the cultures of these people.
- d A member of a people who have no permanent home but move from place to place usually seasonally and within a well-defined territory.
- e Clerk who read and wrote for those who could not do so themselves.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The right to vote.
- Oppressive power exerted by government.
- Power rests in the body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by representatives chosen directly or indirectly by them.
- To treat cruelly; torment.
- Making appointments to government jobs or the power to grant other political favors.
5 True/False questions
Virtuous → Having moral excellence or character.
Isthmus → Having moral excellence or character.
Civilization → Highly organized societies with complex institutions and attitudes that link a large number of people together.
Matriarchy → A family, society, community, or state governed by women.
Egalitarian → Characterized by belief in the equality of all people.