5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A family, society, community, or state governed by women.
- b The beliefs, knowledge, and patterns of living that people develop through living together.
- c Of or relating to judgement.
- d Oppressive power exerted by government.
- e To treat cruelly; torment.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A person owing loyalty to and entitled by birth or naturalization to rights given by a state or nation.
- People who study the artifacts and remains of humans in order to learn about the cultures of these people.
- A hereditary privileged ruling class or nobility.
- Characterized by belief in the equality of all people.
- An absolute ruler.
5 True/False questions
Archaeologists → These people excavate ancient settlements and study artifacts so they can piece together information on the culture of earlier people.
Nomads → A member of a people who have no permanent home but move from place to place usually seasonally and within a well-defined territory.
Virtuous → Having moral excellence or character.
Empire → Form of government that unites different territories and peoples under one ruler.
Republic → Persons of noble or 'honorable' rank or birth.