5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- External ear
- 5th week
- Fusion of the two palatal shelves
- 12th week
- a Intermaxillary segment is initially formed during the _____ _____ by internally fusion of the paired medial nasal processes, which will grow inferiorly on the inside of the stomodeum. Intermaxillary segment gives rise to the primary palate.
- b Completion of the fusion of the nasal septum, and the nasal and oral mucosa are formed.
- c The_____ ______ is posterior to the zygomatic arch.
- d _______________with the primary palate is dependent on the change in the position of the tongue.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Facial development begins in the _______ ________ and invoves all 3 embryonic layers. Overall growth of the face is in an inferior and anterior direction in relationship to the cranial base.
- The _____ ____ is characterized by increased cellular differentiation.
- The _____________ is the fusion of the 2 mandibular processes.
- Palatine tonsillar tissue is derived from the ________ _________ ______.
- Compared to active eruption of a permanent ______ ______, the shedding of the associated primary tooth is intermittent.
5 True/False questions
2nd week → Now we see the mesoderm differentiate and begin to divide into paired cuboidal aggregates of cells called somites.
Thyroid cartilage → ______ _________ is formed if the palatal shelves are unable to fuse properly during prenatal development.
6th week → lacrimal tissue.
HERS → The _______ is part of the soft palate.
Dental papilla → _____ _______allows the fusion of swellings or tissue from different surfaces of the embryo.