5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Dentinoenamel junction (DEJ)
- Labial commissures
- Frontonasal process
- inferior and anterior
- a __________ is located in the midline of the face and forms from the medial nasal prcesses.
- b _____ ______is derived from the basement membrane between the enamel organ and dental papilla.
- c Facial development begins in the 4th week and involves all 3 embryonc layers. Overall growth of the face is in an ________ _____ ________ direction in relationship to the cranial base.
- d The _______ _______ are located at the corners of the mouth.
- e ______ _______is a swelling that appears over the developing brain and forms the forehead.
5 Multiple choice questions
- In order to differntiate into preameloblasts, cells from the enamel organ ___________their nuclei.
- ____________ is enlarged as a result of the disintegration of the oropharyngeal membrane.
- lacrimal tissue.
- Mandibular processes form the mandibular arch aka first branchial arch.
- During the 4th week a cartilage forms within each side of the first branchial arch and is called _______ _________. A portion of this cartilage participates in the formation of the middle ear bones.
5 True/False questions
Embryonic period → The dental papilla will produece the future dentin and pulp tissue for the ______ ______ of the tooth.
4th week → Initiation stage of the tooth. Development of the palatal shelves which fuse and form the secondary palate.
Uvula → The__________is completed during week 12.
preameloblasts → The _____________ partially separates the nasal and oral cavities in the 5th week.
Dentin, pulp and cementum → The ______ _______ will produce the future dentin and pulp tissue for the inner portion of the tooth.