5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Scientific Law
- Scientific Research
- Applied Scientific Research
- a The process of methodical investigation into a subject in order to discover new information about the subject.
- b looking a number of observations(facts/data) and making a general statements based upon the themes or patterns of the observations (facts/date)
- c Major focus is the discovery of useful products and processes that can be used to benefit human kind.
- d study in which we atempt to organize and explain information the information is about ourselves and our environment
- e a scientific discipline which is devoted to the study of matter and enegy.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Physical state of matter with an indefinite shape and an indefinite volume
- well defined, controlled procedure for obtaining information about a system understudy.
- Physical state of matter with a definite shape and a definite volume
- Branch of Science that is limited in scope to make science more manageable
- reproductile single piece of information objective and verifiable. (single observation)
5 True/False questions
Basic Scientific Research → Major focus in the discovery of new fundamental information about humans and other living organisms and the universe in which they live.
Sublimation → Physical change of matter from liquid to a gas
The two types of scientific research → Major focus is the discovery of useful products and processes that can be used to benefit human kind.
Deposition → Physical change of matter from gas to a solid
Evaporation → Physical change of matter from gas to a solid