Upgrade to remove ads
Terms in this set (7)
Infectious disease that is viral in origin. Involves inflammation and injury of the liver; necrosis and scarring of the liver.
What are the causes of Hepatitis? (7)
1. Drugs (alcohol) #1- fatty liver
2. Chemicals (dry cleaning products, remove plastic cover as it holds the chemical)
4. Contaminated water/food
5. Contaminated blood transfusions
6. Viral infections
7. Contaminated needles
Caused by RNA enterovirus. Transmitted through oral-fecal route. Usually affects young adults
What are the causes of Hepatitis A? (3)
1. Contaminated water
2. Partially cooked shellfish
3. Unsanitary living conditions
What is the incubation, following exposure, before clinical signs are evident for Hepatitis A?
Causes only liver disease, recovery is usually complete and does not lead to chronic hepatitis or cirrhosis.
Clinical manifestations of hepatitis A? (5)
1. Asymptomatic early in course of disease, high contagious
2. Flu like symptoms
3. May become jandiced
4. Jaundice and hepatomegaly are most common physical exam findings.
5. By time symptoms occur, virus no longer shed in stool and patient is not infectious
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
patho final exam review
Pathophysiology Unit One Study Questions
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Chapter 8 Part 2
Care of Patients with Liver Problems
Infection, Inflammation, and Cirrhosis of the Live…
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Mental Health Review
PHN Possible Test questions
PHN Chapter 2
OTHER QUIZLET SETS
Apply your knowledge
Bio Exam II Ch 29
Social psych exam 3