5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a a person's facial features or expression. She was amazed by the odd ______ of the men.
- b not obediently fulfilling one's duty. Fred was kicked out of the army because of his ______ behavior.
- c dull, laborious, or excessively solemn. A prisoner's walk to death row is often ______.
- d the act of public shame or disgrace. Hester was sentenced standing up on the platform, which was a punishment in the form of ______.
- e fluent or persuasive speaking or writing. Her ______ made up for the fact that all her opinions were radical and hard to grasp.
5 Multiple choice questions
- something that is not proper (noun form of improper). She was kicked out of the debutante ball because of her extraordinary ______.
- stubbornly refusing to change one's opinion. Even after the lengthy debate, Jack's ______ remained.
- good judgment. Atticus Finch is known for his ______.
- tomb. Just inside the cemetery gates were a series of small ______.
- not conducive to success. "Well that's ______," he thought to himself as a step halfway through the rickety bridge fell hundreds of feet into the water below.
5 True/False questions
Allot → give something to someone as a share or task. In a will, land is ______ed to each person in the family.
Visage → face. Her ______ was sharp and angled.
Congenial → dull, laborious, or excessively solemn. A prisoner's walk to death row is often ______.
Heterogeneous → the state of being coiled. The anaconda's coils made ______ around Fred.
Throng → a large, densely packed crowd of people or animals. There was a ______ of fans waiting outside of the church in Kennebunkport where Taylor Swift filmed her music video.