5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a a person's look or manner. Cathy's friendly ______ led to people sharing lots of secrets with her.
- b a person's facial features or expression. She was amazed by the odd ______ of the men.
- c tomb. Just inside the cemetery gates were a series of small ______.
- d something that is not proper (noun form of improper). She was kicked out of the debutante ball because of her extraordinary ______.
- e good judgment. Atticus Finch is known for his ______.
5 Multiple choice questions
- diverse. The largest school in inner city New York is far more ______ than Gorham High.
- dull, laborious, or excessively solemn. A prisoner's walk to death row is often ______.
- fluent or persuasive speaking or writing. Her ______ made up for the fact that all her opinions were radical and hard to grasp.
- not obediently fulfilling one's duty. Fred was kicked out of the army because of his ______ behavior.
- face. Her ______ was sharp and angled.
5 True/False questions
Allot → give something to someone as a share or task. In a will, land is ______ed to each person in the family.
Evanescent → fluent or persuasive speaking or writing. Her ______ made up for the fact that all her opinions were radical and hard to grasp.
Purport → appear or claim to be or do something, esp. falsely. He ______ed to being a genius.
Edifice → a large, imposing building. Though the ______ was rather intimidating, they still entered.
Obstinacy → stubbornly refusing to change one's opinion. Even after the lengthy debate, Jack's ______ remained.