5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a pleasant, nice. Her ______ ways helped her make friends.
- b something that is not proper (noun form of improper). She was kicked out of the debutante ball because of her extraordinary ______.
- c diverse. The largest school in inner city New York is far more ______ than Gorham High.
- d tomb. Just inside the cemetery gates were a series of small ______.
- e give something to someone as a share or task. In a will, land is ______ed to each person in the family.
5 Multiple choice questions
- not conducive to success. "Well that's ______," he thought to himself as a step halfway through the rickety bridge fell hundreds of feet into the water below.
- a large, imposing building. Though the ______ was rather intimidating, they still entered.
- a person's look or manner. Cathy's friendly ______ led to people sharing lots of secrets with her.
- the state of being coiled. The anaconda's coils made ______ around Fred.
- a large, densely packed crowd of people or animals. There was a ______ of fans waiting outside of the church in Kennebunkport where Taylor Swift filmed her music video.
5 True/False questions
Purport → appear or claim to be or do something, esp. falsely. He ______ed to being a genius.
Physiognomies → the act of public shame or disgrace. Hester was sentenced standing up on the platform, which was a punishment in the form of ______.
Visage → a large, imposing building. Though the ______ was rather intimidating, they still entered.
Ponderous → dull, laborious, or excessively solemn. A prisoner's walk to death row is often ______.
Evanescent → a large, imposing building. Though the ______ was rather intimidating, they still entered.