5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a diverse. The largest school in inner city New York is far more ______ than Gorham High.
- b something that is not proper (noun form of improper). She was kicked out of the debutante ball because of her extraordinary ______.
- c not conducive to success. "Well that's ______," he thought to himself as a step halfway through the rickety bridge fell hundreds of feet into the water below.
- d fluent or persuasive speaking or writing. Her ______ made up for the fact that all her opinions were radical and hard to grasp.
- e a person's look or manner. Cathy's friendly ______ led to people sharing lots of secrets with her.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a person's facial features or expression. She was amazed by the odd ______ of the men.
- tomb. Just inside the cemetery gates were a series of small ______.
- pleasant, nice. Her ______ ways helped her make friends.
- the state of being coiled. The anaconda's coils made ______ around Fred.
- dull, laborious, or excessively solemn. A prisoner's walk to death row is often ______.
5 True/False questions
Visage → face. Her ______ was sharp and angled.
Sagacity → give something to someone as a share or task. In a will, land is ______ed to each person in the family.
Edifice → a large, imposing building. Though the ______ was rather intimidating, they still entered.
Evanescent → soon passing out of sight, memory, or existence; quickly fading or disappearing. The ______ sunshine caused a pink hue on the clouds.
Allot → a large, densely packed crowd of people or animals. There was a ______ of fans waiting outside of the church in Kennebunkport where Taylor Swift filmed her music video.