5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a soon passing out of sight, memory, or existence; quickly fading or disappearing. The ______ sunshine caused a pink hue on the clouds.
- b a large, imposing building. Though the ______ was rather intimidating, they still entered.
- c tomb. Just inside the cemetery gates were a series of small ______.
- d a person's facial features or expression. She was amazed by the odd ______ of the men.
- e give something to someone as a share or task. In a will, land is ______ed to each person in the family.
5 Multiple choice questions
- not conducive to success. "Well that's ______," he thought to himself as a step halfway through the rickety bridge fell hundreds of feet into the water below.
- a person's look or manner. Cathy's friendly ______ led to people sharing lots of secrets with her.
- fluent or persuasive speaking or writing. Her ______ made up for the fact that all her opinions were radical and hard to grasp.
- appear or claim to be or do something, esp. falsely. He ______ed to being a genius.
- something that is not proper (noun form of improper). She was kicked out of the debutante ball because of her extraordinary ______.
5 True/False questions
Visage → a person's look or manner. Cathy's friendly ______ led to people sharing lots of secrets with her.
Obstinacy → a large, imposing building. Though the ______ was rather intimidating, they still entered.
Heterogeneous → diverse. The largest school in inner city New York is far more ______ than Gorham High.
Ponderous → dull, laborious, or excessively solemn. A prisoner's walk to death row is often ______.
Sagacity → good judgment. Atticus Finch is known for his ______.