5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a a large, densely packed crowd of people or animals. There was a ______ of fans waiting outside of the church in Kennebunkport where Taylor Swift filmed her music video.
- b fluent or persuasive speaking or writing. Her ______ made up for the fact that all her opinions were radical and hard to grasp.
- c not conducive to success. "Well that's ______," he thought to himself as a step halfway through the rickety bridge fell hundreds of feet into the water below.
- d not obediently fulfilling one's duty. Fred was kicked out of the army because of his ______ behavior.
- e give something to someone as a share or task. In a will, land is ______ed to each person in the family.
5 Multiple choice questions
- appear or claim to be or do something, esp. falsely. He ______ed to being a genius.
- pleasant, nice. Her ______ ways helped her make friends.
- tomb. Just inside the cemetery gates were a series of small ______.
- dull, laborious, or excessively solemn. A prisoner's walk to death row is often ______.
- stubbornly refusing to change one's opinion. Even after the lengthy debate, Jack's ______ remained.
5 True/False questions
Heterogeneous → diverse. The largest school in inner city New York is far more ______ than Gorham High.
Edifice → a large, imposing building. Though the ______ was rather intimidating, they still entered.
Evanescent → soon passing out of sight, memory, or existence; quickly fading or disappearing. The ______ sunshine caused a pink hue on the clouds.
Improprieties → something that is not proper (noun form of improper). She was kicked out of the debutante ball because of her extraordinary ______.
Intervolutions → diverse. The largest school in inner city New York is far more ______ than Gorham High.