5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Leo, Ryan, and Matthew regularly interact with one another and share similar values, norms, and expectations. In view of this, which concept most applies to their relationship?
- The term ________ refers to the extent to which different studies come up with similar or consistent results.
- Traditionally, statuses men occupy (father, husband) are given greater prestige than those occupied by women (mother, wife). This awarding of privilege and prestige to one group while denying it to the other is called _______.
- Which sociological perspectives are best to use in developing an accurate understanding of society?
- College provides a haven for several million potential workers who are classified as students rather than unemployed which helps stabilize the job market, an unintended consequence. This situation represents what Merton would describe as a...
- a Reliability
- b No single perspective is best, all three must be utilized
- c They are a group
- d Latent function
- e Social inequality
5 Multiple choice questions
- Value cluster
- Carol Gilligan
- Status symbols
- Latent function
5 True/False questions
The technique founded by Sigmund Freud for the treatment of emotional problems through long-term, intensive exploration of the subconscious mind is referred to as ______. → Physcoanalysis
When we communicate information about ourselves, we use the social setting, our appearance, and manners to make impressions on others. Erving Goffman referred to these methods as _______. → A driver signaling a right turn with his direction signals
Karl Marx suggested that the force which drives human history and is at the core of human progress is... → Class conflict
Clarise and Cindy are honor students and conduct themselves in a mature manner at the Christian college they attend in Philadelphia. This year for spring break they decided to go to Cancun where they auditioned for the Girls Gone Wild video. In view of this, which statement best describes the behavior of Clarise and Cindy? → Clarise and Cindy considered themselves on a moral holiday which permitted them to let their hair down.
Functionalists refer to how parts of a society fit together to form a whole as ________. → Self