5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The anthropologist recognized for his work on personal space was ______.
- Why did a number of sociologists think Laud Humphreys' research on tearooms was unethical?
- The organized, usual, or standard ways by which society meets its basic needs are referred to as ______.
- Of the following traits and abilities, which one would George Herbert Mead consider to be the most essential for an individual to be a full-fledged member of society?
- According to Piaget, when children are capable of abstract thinking they have reached the stage of development called the _______.
- a Social Institutions
- b Formal operation stage
- c The ability to take the role of another
- d Edward Hall
- e He did not identify himself as a researcher
5 Multiple choice questions
- Cultural leveling
- This is a classic example of a culture war between two groups with conflicting values.
- Conflict theorists and structural functionalists
- This is an example of social interaction.
5 True/False questions
Individuals who are approximately the same age, linked by common interests, and include classmates and the kids in the neighborhood are most appropriately referred to as _______. → Self
Bumper sticker such as Proud Parent of an Honor Student and Warning: This Driver Convicted of DUI are both best described as being ______. → Globilization
Symbols can be strung together in an infinite number of ways for the purpose of communicating abstract thought. This is referred to as ________. → Language
The social scientist who criticized the theory of Lawrence Kohlberg and developed an alternative theory on the development of morality based on personal relationships was _______. → Carol Gilligan
If a researcher is using diaries (written sources) to collect information about the attitudes of rape victims, he or she is using ________ to collect their data. → Documents