5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which of the following is not one of the five functional requisites that every society must fulfill to survive?
- Karl Marx suggested that the force which drives human history and is at the core of human progress is...
- Of the following traits and abilities, which one would George Herbert Mead consider to be the most essential for an individual to be a full-fledged member of society?
- Traditionally, statuses men occupy (father, husband) are given greater prestige than those occupied by women (mother, wife). This awarding of privilege and prestige to one group while denying it to the other is called _______.
- The automobile, and the skills needed to drive it, would be an example of _______.
- a The ability to take the role of another
- b Class conflict
- c Social inequality
- d Maintaining traditional gender relations
- e Technology
5 Multiple choice questions
- Unobtrusive measures
- Status symbols
- They are all members of subcultures
- Defining the problem
- Cultural leveling
5 True/False questions
Receiving the Medal of Honor and making the Dean's List are both examples of _______. → Technology
The social scientist who criticized the theory of Lawrence Kohlberg and developed an alternative theory on the development of morality based on personal relationships was _______. → Carol Gilligan
As a third grader, Henry is reading stories about the American Revolution and how the early Americans were willing to fight to gain their freedom. According to conflict theorists, Henry is learning not only to read, but is also being taught lessons in patriotism and democracy. These lessons would be referred to by conflict theorists as _______. → Part of the hidden curriculum in U.S. schools
Because of her outstanding and effective efforts at social reform as demonstrated in her work as co-founder of Hull House, ________ was a co-winner of the Nobel Peace Prize in 1931. → Jane Addams
Which of the following is an example of social interaction? → A driver signaling a right turn with his direction signals