5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- When sociologists group people into categories based on their age, gender, educational level, job and income, they are trying to determine their...
- Which group of social theorists would focus most on macro-level analysis when examining patterns of society?
- Tory is five years of age. He loves to dress up like Batman and pretend to save Gotham City from the Penguin. According to Mead's theory, he is in the ________ stage.
- Bob's football coach is a very important influence in his life. Many of Bob's actions are attempts to win the approval of his coach. Mead would suggest that the coach is one of Bob's _______.
- According to Piaget, when children are capable of abstract thinking they have reached the stage of development called the _______.
- a Significant others
- b Social location
- c Formal operation stage
- d Conflict theorists and structural functionalists
- e Play
5 Multiple choice questions
- Their location in the social structure is what has created the difference between Milo's and Jim's reaction.
- This is an example of social interaction.
- The researcher loses control over the conditions in which they are administered.
- Carol Gilligan
5 True/False questions
Believing that all football players are academically challenged, that all African Americans are great athletes, and that all women can cook well are examples of _______. → Sterotyping
In 1906 sociologist William Sumner made the comment, One's own group is the center of everything, and all others are scaled and rated with reference to it. This statement is most aligned with the concept of ________. → Cultural Lag
What concept do sociologists have in mind when they say society makes us human? → A driver signaling a right turn with his direction signals
The concept used to describe opening a window into unfamiliar worlds that allows us to understanding human behavior by placing it within its broader social context is called... → The sociological imagination/perspective
Although formal education is intended to transmit knowledge and skills, it unintentionally teaches students that the same rules apply to everyone. This universality reflects what sociologists describe as _______. → Technology