5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The anthropologist recognized for his work on personal space was ______.
- The technique founded by Sigmund Freud for the treatment of emotional problems through long-term, intensive exploration of the subconscious mind is referred to as ______.
- Bumper sticker such as Proud Parent of an Honor Student and Warning: This Driver Convicted of DUI are both best described as being ______.
- Bob's football coach is a very important influence in his life. Many of Bob's actions are attempts to win the approval of his coach. Mead would suggest that the coach is one of Bob's _______.
- Leo, Ryan, and Matthew regularly interact with one another and share similar values, norms, and expectations. In view of this, which concept most applies to their relationship?
- a Significant others
- b Status symbols
- c Physcoanalysis
- d Edward Hall
- e They are a group
5 Multiple choice questions
- Female; associate editor
- Positive sanctions
- Cultural leveling
- Quantative methods
5 True/False questions
Of the following traits and abilities, which one would George Herbert Mead consider to be the most essential for an individual to be a full-fledged member of society? → The ability to take the role of another
Individuals who are approximately the same age, linked by common interests, and include classmates and the kids in the neighborhood are most appropriately referred to as _______. → Peers
The typical patterns of a group, such as its usual relationships between men and women or students and teachers, is referred to as ______. → Self
What is the defining characteristic of a representative sample? → Each person in the population of interest has an equal chance of being chosen.
Which group of social theorists would focus most on macro-level analysis when examining patterns of society? → No single perspective is best, all three must be utilized