5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Symbols can be strung together in an infinite number of ways for the purpose of communicating abstract thought. This is referred to as ________.
- McDonalds now sells Quarter Pounders in Tokyo, Moscow, Paris, Berlin, and practically every other major city in the world. Mickey Mouse and Fred Flintstone are among the most popular cartoon figures in Mexico. These two situations are examples of ________.
- Using police records, crime reports, and economic reports, Max will test his hypothesis that unemployed men are more likely to commit spousal abuse than men who are employed. He will most likely use a form of ________ analysis to test his hypothesis.
- In the United States people from all walks of life, races, religions, and ethnic groups participate in the legislative process. In view of this, which term best describes American society?
- The first person to propose that the scientific method could be applied to the study of social life was...
- a America is a pluralistic society
- b Cultural leveling
- c Quantative
- d Language
- e Auguste Comte
5 Multiple choice questions
- Female; associate editor
- Functionalism and conflict perspective
- As the number of hours in day care increased, the weaker the bond between mother and child.
- Suspend Frank's driving privileges for a month and discuss with Frank the dangers of drinking and driving
5 True/False questions
Milo, a highly successful attorney, just received a $200 ticket for speeding. Jim, an unemployed father of six, received a $50 fine for parking in a restricted area. Milo considers his $200 ticket an inconvenience, but Jim sees his $50 fine as a financial disaster. Why do Milo and Jim feel so differently about their fines, even though Milo's is four times greater? → Their location in the social structure is what has created the difference between Milo's and Jim's reaction.
The notion that language determines our consciousness is the basic premise of which concept? → The Sapir Whorf hypothesis
In Amsterdam a 21-year old prostitute is scantily clothed exhibiting her attributes in a storefront, smiling at potential patrons as they walk by. Based on this mental image, which statement best describes what is in progress? → This is an example of social interaction.
Leo, Ryan, and Matthew regularly interact with one another and share similar values, norms, and expectations. In view of this, which concept most applies to their relationship? → They are a group
College provides a haven for several million potential workers who are classified as students rather than unemployed which helps stabilize the job market, an unintended consequence. This situation represents what Merton would describe as a... → This is an example of an open ended question