5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which sociological perspectives are best to use in developing an accurate understanding of society?
- Believing that all football players are academically challenged, that all African Americans are great athletes, and that all women can cook well are examples of _______.
- Fundamentalist Christians may engage in gay bashing and lobby for laws making same sex relationships illegal. Gays and lesbians consider same sex relationships and same sex marriage as basic human rights. Which statement best describes the relationship between fundamentalist Christians and the gay/lesbian community?
- The Smiths are going Christmas shopping for their two children, Dick and Jane. They plan to buy Dick a Tonka truck and Jane a Barbie doll. Their selection of toys for their children is an example of ________ by parents.
- Research methods that emphasize measurement, numbers, and statistics are referred to as ________.
- a Gender socialization
- b Quantative methods
- c Sterotyping
- d No single perspective is best, all three must be utilized
- e This is a classic example of a culture war between two groups with conflicting values.
5 Multiple choice questions
- This is an example of social interaction.
- Defining the problem
- Social structure
- Charles Horton Cooley
5 True/False questions
Pigs, spiders, elephants and other animals that rely solely on instinct act as they do because they lack a _______. → Cerebral cortex
Although supplied by the university, many professors refused to learn how to use the computer. Others would save data to their hard drive or on floppy disks but would also make a paper copy to file away. Such behavior is an example of ________. → The life course
Sociology first took root as an academic discipline at ________ in 1890. → Each person in the population of interest has an equal chance of being chosen.
Steve and Naomi are counting the empty whiskey bottles in trash cans to measure the level of whiskey consumption in town. They are observing people's behavior who do not know they are being studied. These researchers are using a method of research referred to as ________. → Reliability
The term ________ refers to the extent to which different studies come up with similar or consistent results. → Reliability