5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What year did the Europeans arrive in Japan?
- Who was Oda Nobunaga before he started rampaging?
- How did agriculture get better during the Tokugawa period? (4 things)
- Approx. how long did the Warring States Period last?
- How did the Portuguese first land on the Japanese island?
- a 1543
- b 100 yrs
- c blown off course
- d military commander, son of samurai
- e new crop strains, water control, irrigation, fertilizer
5 Multiple choice questions
- thinning out the rice shoots
- ritual suicide
- peasants, artisans, merchants
- "ones who serve"
- Toyotomi Hideyoshi
5 True/False questions
What did Nobunaga do to try to unite the country? (3 things) → Built castle at Osaka, conquered everything to the south
Why was infanticide even considered? → not much land
What were Tokugawa's origins? → Daimyo of Edo
What did the daimyo like the most from what the Europeans had to offer? → interest
Who was supposed to be the supreme leader, but actually played a ceremonial role? → military commander, son of samurai