5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who was the third Japanese unifier?
- What were Tokugawa's origins?
- What important thing did Hideyoshi instate that really smelled of national unification?
- Who was the first great Japanese unifier?
- What were the beginnings of Toyotomi Hideyoshi?
- a Oda Nobunaga
- b Daimyo of Edo
- c national currency
- d Farmer's son, became military commander
- e Tokugawa Ieyasu
5 Multiple choice questions
- seized Kyoto, tried to unite by killing rivals, suppressed power of Buddhist estates
- "great names"
5 True/False questions
What did the missionaries do that made the government kick them out? (2 things) → started interfering w/ local affairs, destroyed temples to build churches
Where did the people who were under samurai stand in the social heirarchy? (highest to lowest) → blown off course
What was euphemistically referred to as "thinning out the rice shoots?" → infanticide
How did the Portuguese first land on the Japanese island? → blown off course
How many daimyo were there in the Warring States Period? → 260