5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What was infanticide referred to as?
- Was there equal rights for all?
- What does the word "daimyo" mean?
- Where did the people who were under samurai stand in the social heirarchy? (highest to lowest)
- What is seppuku?
- a ritual suicide
- b peasants, artisans, merchants
- c thinning out the rice shoots
- d "great names"
- e no
5 Multiple choice questions
- 100 yrs
- Toyotomi Hideyoshi
- started interfering w/ local affairs, destroyed temples to build churches
5 True/False questions
What does the word "samurai" mean? → "great names"
What did the daimyo like the most from what the Europeans had to offer? → guns
How did agriculture get better during the Tokugawa period? (4 things) → agriculture
What is the modern name for the city of Edo? → proving loyalty/honor
What were Tokugawa's origins? → no