5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is seppuku?
- What was infanticide referred to as?
- Approx. how long did the Warring States Period last?
- What did the daimyo like the most from what the Europeans had to offer?
- Why did the economy boom during the Tokugawa period?
- a agriculture
- b 100 yrs
- c thinning out the rice shoots
- d guns
- e ritual suicide
5 Multiple choice questions
- Tokugawa Ieyasu
- Farmer's son, became military commander
- "great names"
- peasants, artisans, merchants
5 True/False questions
What is the purpose of performing seppuku? → proving loyalty/honor
What was euphemistically referred to as "thinning out the rice shoots?" → interest
Who was Oda Nobunaga before he started rampaging? → military commander, son of samurai
What was the "principal aim" of the Tokugawa shoguns? (2 things) → stabilize realm, prevent more civil war
What were Tokugawa's origins? → Daimyo of Edo