5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What year did the Europeans arrive in Japan?
- What was infanticide referred to as?
- How did agriculture get better during the Tokugawa period? (4 things)
- What did the missionaries do that made the government kick them out? (2 things)
- What were the beginnings of Toyotomi Hideyoshi?
- a 1543
- b started interfering w/ local affairs, destroyed temples to build churches
- c new crop strains, water control, irrigation, fertilizer
- d Farmer's son, became military commander
- e thinning out the rice shoots
5 Multiple choice questions
- not much land
- Oda Nobunaga
- Toyotomi Hideyoshi
5 True/False questions
Why did the economy boom during the Tokugawa period? → agriculture
What does the name "Toyotomi" mean? → "abundant provider"
What is the purpose of performing seppuku? → proving loyalty/honor
What was the Japanese reaction to the Europeans? → Oda Nobunaga
Who held the greatest political power? → Tokugawa Ieyasu