5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What were two big problems with Christian missionary work in Japan?
- Who was supposed to be the supreme leader, but actually played a ceremonial role?
- How many daimyo were there in the Warring States Period?
- How were the ruling elites ranked? (What philosophy?)
- What is the modern name for the city of Edo?
- a emperor
- b translations, wary government
- c 260
- d Tokyo
- e confucian
5 Multiple choice questions
- military commander, son of samurai
- peasants, artisans, merchants
- stabilize realm, prevent more civil war
- not much land
5 True/False questions
What were the beginnings of Toyotomi Hideyoshi? → "abundant provider"
What important thing did Hideyoshi instate that really smelled of national unification? → Built castle at Osaka, conquered everything to the south
Approx. how long did the Warring States Period last? → 260
How did agriculture get better during the Tokugawa period? (4 things) → agriculture
Who was the third Japanese unifier? → Toyotomi Hideyoshi