5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What were two big problems with Christian missionary work in Japan?
- What did Nobunaga do to try to unite the country? (3 things)
- Why did the economy boom during the Tokugawa period?
- What does the word "samurai" mean?
- What important thing did Hideyoshi instate that really smelled of national unification?
- a seized Kyoto, tried to unite by killing rivals, suppressed power of Buddhist estates
- b agriculture
- c "ones who serve"
- d translations, wary government
- e national currency
5 Multiple choice questions
- Farmer's son, became military commander
- "great names"
- Daimyo of Edo
5 True/False questions
Why was infanticide even considered? → thinning out the rice shoots
Who was supposed to be the supreme leader, but actually played a ceremonial role? → emperor
Who held the greatest political power? → Tokugawa Ieyasu
Who was Oda Nobunaga before he started rampaging? → thinning out the rice shoots
What was the "principal aim" of the Tokugawa shoguns? (2 things) → new crop strains, water control, irrigation, fertilizer