5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who held the greatest political power?
- Who was supposed to be the supreme leader, but actually played a ceremonial role?
- Who was the third Japanese unifier?
- What is the modern name for the city of Edo?
- What did Nobunaga do to try to unite the country? (3 things)
- a shogun
- b seized Kyoto, tried to unite by killing rivals, suppressed power of Buddhist estates
- c Tokugawa Ieyasu
- d emperor
- e Tokyo
5 Multiple choice questions
- "great names"
- started interfering w/ local affairs, destroyed temples to build churches
5 True/False questions
What was the Japanese reaction to the Europeans? → interest
What were the beginnings of Toyotomi Hideyoshi? → "abundant provider"
What was the "principal aim" of the Tokugawa shoguns? (2 things) → stabilize realm, prevent more civil war
What was infanticide referred to as? → not much land
What does the word "samurai" mean? → "great names"