5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the purpose of performing seppuku?
- What year did the Europeans arrive in Japan?
- Approx. how long did the Warring States Period last?
- What were the beginnings of Toyotomi Hideyoshi?
- How did agriculture get better during the Tokugawa period? (4 things)
- a 100 yrs
- b 1543
- c Farmer's son, became military commander
- d new crop strains, water control, irrigation, fertilizer
- e proving loyalty/honor
5 Multiple choice questions
- thinning out the rice shoots
- blown off course
- national currency
- Daimyo of Edo
5 True/False questions
What did Hideyoshi do to increase his territory? → Built castle at Osaka, conquered everything to the south
Who was the second Japanese unifier? → Toyotomi Hideyoshi
What did the daimyo like the most from what the Europeans had to offer? → interest
Where did the people who were under samurai stand in the social heirarchy? (highest to lowest) → peasants, artisans, merchants
Was there equal rights for all? → Daimyo of Edo