5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What did the daimyo like the most from what the Europeans had to offer?
- What was the "principal aim" of the Tokugawa shoguns? (2 things)
- How were the ruling elites ranked? (What philosophy?)
- Who was the third Japanese unifier?
- Who was Oda Nobunaga before he started rampaging?
- a military commander, son of samurai
- b stabilize realm, prevent more civil war
- c guns
- d confucian
- e Tokugawa Ieyasu
5 Multiple choice questions
- Farmer's son, became military commander
- peasants, artisans, merchants
- started interfering w/ local affairs, destroyed temples to build churches
- new crop strains, water control, irrigation, fertilizer
5 True/False questions
Who was supposed to be the supreme leader, but actually played a ceremonial role? → military commander, son of samurai
What year did the Europeans arrive in Japan? → castles
Why did the economy boom during the Tokugawa period? → agriculture
What was the Japanese reaction to the Europeans? → interest
What is the modern name for the city of Edo? → proving loyalty/honor