5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Capillary permeability
- Base of the axillary space
- Embalming analysis (Case analysis)
- a Consideration given to the dead body prior to,during and after the embalming procedure is completed; documentation is recommended.
- b deviation from the normal.
- c the presence or the reasonably anticipated presence of blood or other potentially infections materials on an item or surface.
- d ability of substances to diffuse through capillary walls into the tissue spaces.
- e the armpit
5 Multiple choice questions
- report filled out for each body prepared and for each body received from another funeral home.
- the body's own digestive enzymes that are capable of destroying body cells (autolytic decomposition).
- Biological agent or condition that constitutes a hazard to humans.
- Mechanical systems and devices engineered into the architecture of a building to reduce blood borne pathogens. e.g. exhaust systems and sanitary plumbing
- irreversible cessation of brain activity and loss of consciousness; death beginning at the brain.
5 True/False questions
Adipocere (Grave Wax) → a wax-like material produced by saponification of body fat in a body buried in alkaline soil.
Desiccation marks → areas of embalmed tissue where excessive dehydration has occurred.
Extravascular → outside the blood vascular system
Blood discoloration → discolorations resulting from changes in blood composition, content, or location, either intravascularly or extravascularly.
Contagious disease → any deviation from or interruption of the normal structure or function of a body part, organ, or system