Vocabulary Words: 1-50 LL
Terms in this set (50)
1. To have room for someone or something; hold.
2. To do a favor or service for someone.
An idea that occurs to a person after something else has been said or done.
Loyalty to a country, a person, or a cause.
High above the ground.
A person who was in your family long ago.
1. The act of thinking of something in advance.
2. The act of looking forward to something.
Actions that get attention because they are funny or unusual.
To go up or move up.
To signal with a movement of the head or hand.
1. The upper edge of a steep place.
2. The land bordering a body of water.
3. The point when an event is about to occur.
An event, such as a flood, earthquake, or plane crash, that causes great suffering and damage.
To persuade someone by gentle urging or flattery.
A feeling of sharing someone else's suffering, together with a desire to help; deep sympathy.
The natural color of a person's skin, especially that of the face.
Happy with the way they are; satisfied.
Considerate toward other people; polite.
To shiver or move your body suddenly out of fear, pain, embarrassment, or disgust.
1. Deserted by an owner; abandoned. 2. Neglectful.
The fact of being or appearing worthy of respect or honor.
A feeling of not liking something.
Not active for a time.
Having many complicated parts or details.
To say more about something; give details.
To continue to exist; last.
To put up with something; tolerate.
To make sure that something is obeyed.
The act of working hard at something.
A wide and open area.
Very unusual; remarkable.
The leaves of trees or other plants.
First in rank, position, or importance.
Free and open in expressing thoughts and feelings; honest.
1. The proper activity of a person or thing; a purpose or use. 2. A formal social gathering or official ceremony. 3. To have or perform a function; serve.
Having no useful results; useless.
1. To look at something steadily and for a long time. 2. A long, steady look.
1. A dim, unsteady light. 2. A faint indication; a trace. 3. To shine with a dim, unsteady light.
1. A very quick look. 2. To get a quick look at something.
1. A twisting or contortion of the face, usually from disgust or pain. 2. To twist or contort the face, usually from disgust or pain.
Determined to have your own way; stubborn.
To be slow to act, speak, or decide because of feeling unsure; pause.
To lift or haul something up, especially by pulling from above.
Of great size, extent, or degree.
In a way that is impossible to notice.
Something that indicates; a sign.
Something that is written or carved on a surface
Being an inherited behavior rather than a learned one.
A purpose or aim; an intention.
An inner part; the inside.
1. To bump or shake something strongly. 2. To startle or upset someone.
Something that is kept in memory of a person or an occasion.
A special talent or skill
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Test Preparation TOEIC, SAT, TOEFL
Maniac Magee Vocab
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Vocabulary Words: 91-100 LL
Vocabulary Words: 81-90 LL
Vocabulary Words: 71-80 LL
Vocabulary Words: 61-70 LL