The Bluest Eye Vocabulary 2
Terms in this set (24)
careful, meticulous attention to detail; difficult to please; exacting
care or concern, as for the well-being of another
to make; create; to concoct in order to deceive
showing a brooding ill humor or silent resentment; morose or sulky; gloomy or somber in tone
1. any long and tedious address or recital
2. a liturgical prayer consisting of a series of petitions recited by a leader alternating with fixed
responses by the congregation.
inclined or eager to fight; hostile or aggressive; warlike
one who hates or mistrusts humankind
a strong feeling of hatred, aversion or repugnance
adj -- rising in revolt against established authority, especially a government.
n. -- One who is insurgent.
a partiality or disposition in favor of something; a preference
disinclined to exert oneself; habitually lazy
1. the act of acquiring or getting something
2. something acquired or gained
passive agreement without protest (verb = acquiesce)
1. cut or clipped (as with shears)
2. deprived of as if by removing
the special atmosphere or mood created by a particular environment
unworthy of serious attention; trivial; silly
informal or conversational in language
an informal, colloquial expression; slang
to make or cause to appear trivial or unimportant
To excuse, overlook, forgive, or disregard (an offense)
moral corruption or degradation
1. A false notion
2. A statement or an argument based on a false or invalid inference
1. containing or based on a fallacy: a fallacious assumption.
2. tending to mislead; deceptive: fallacious testimony.
to make internal or personal; to take in and make an integral part of one's attitudes or beliefs
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Test Preparation TOEIC, SAT, TOEFL
English III vocab final
AP Lang Unit 5 Vocab
Beardslee English Vocab
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Great Gatsby Vocab
APUSH chapter 16
Death of a Salesman Act 1 quotes