Upgrade to remove ads
LMUG 9 weeks test QUESTIONS
Terms in this set (36)
father, son, holy spirit
human is 3 part being
spirit, soul, body
Soul consists of 3 parts
mind, will, and emotions
spirit consists of 3 parts
conscience, intuition, and fellowship
why we learn about our personalities
so we can accentuate the strengths and minimize the weaknesses
key roles in shaping our personalities
nature and nurture
number one cause of marital problems
number two cause of marital problems
The 3 consequences of sin
1) alienation from God 2) Bondage to self 3) conflict with others
Christian salvation is 3 fold
1) God in the past delivered us from the penalty of sin 2) God in the present delivers us from the power of sin 3) God in the future will deliver us from the presence of sin
2 Christian responsibilities
1) grow in understanding 2) grow in holiness
The law of Christ
Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength and to love your neighbor as yourself
The two ordinances listed in the New Testament for Christians
1) Baptism 2) the Lord's Supper
The 2 sections of the 10 Commandments
1) Duty to God 2) Duty/ Respect for others
The Christian Big Picture of the World
1) Creation 2) The Fall 3) Redemption
The 4 major religions that account for 70% of the worlds population
1) Christianity 2) Islam 3) Hinduism 4) Buddhism
What parts of the Bible do Christians believe in?
Old and New Testament
What part of the Bible do Jews believe in and why?
Old Testament because they do not believe that Jesus was the son of God or the Messiah
the 4 questions that a worldview answers
1) How did we get here? 2) Why are we here? 3) What's wrong with the world and what can be done about it? 4) where are we going after death?
Christianity is more than having a personal relationship with God. It's...
Seeing all of life in the light of God's truth; to develop a Christian worldview
Having a Christian Worldview means..
having a Christian lifestyle
The Christian worldview is
truth and universal
Culture has major influences on our
behavior, values, and beliefs
What will happen if we let cculture's influence permeate our lives?
we will become desensitized to its control over our actions
Christians can have 3 responses and corresponding actions to their culture
1) be offended and withdraw 2) be delighted and join in 3) be distressed and engage
How should being God's uniquee creation change your life?
How we live depends on who we are and if we were created by a personal God, then we have worth and we are accountable to the One who made us.
Why should we be compassionate towards a stranger? Why would we help someone else?
1) Because all people are made in the image of God. 2) Compassion, helping, serving, etc. represents our father in heaven to those we help; living out the Gospel of Christ. 3) Because we are commanded to.
What is the reason for mercy?
1) Giving mercy to others glorifies God. 2) It is a way of reflecting our love for Him. 3)It builds up the body of Christ by showing that all human life is worthy.
beliefs of designed and chance universe
designed - Theism Chance - evolution, naturalism, ad materialism
designed and chance universe - sex
designed 0 intimacy and procreation Chance- self-centered
designed and chance universe - truth
designed - an outside source of authority Chance - from inside oneself
designed and chance universe - work
designed - God commanded 6 work days and rest on Sabbath day Chance - survival; wealth
Eight things a person must believe in order to have a Biblical worldview
1) God is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient Creator of the universe and He still rules today. 2) Satan is real 3) Jesus is God's son and lived a sinless life. 4) salvation is a gift from God and cannot be earned 5) A Christian has a responsibility to share his/her faith in Christ with other people 6) The Bible is accurate in all of the principles it teaches 7) unchanging moral truth exists 8) moral truth is defined by the Bible
Be not conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. - Renew your mind by filling it with God's word and learning His ways, not the world's ways
Honor your father and mother, which is the first commandment with a promise, that it may go well with you, and that you may have a long life upon earth.
"For I know the plans i have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Biology Ch. 28
Spanish Speaking test 2
Biology Ch.6 discussion
A separate peace vocab. (1)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
UFOUND Midterm Others
Faith & Critical Reason Final
THEO Test 2
Holiness Study Guide
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Physical Science Exam pt. 2
Physical Science Exam pt.1
Economics Exam Terms
Economics Ch. 10 questions