5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Flip Side
- a An exclamation of approval especially when referring to someone of the opposite sex
- b a ballroom dance in double time that includes slow walking steps, quick running steps and two steps.
- c the nations which fought against the United States of America and the other allied nations
- d A fast jitterbug
- e this term for the other side of a record was first coined in the 1940's
5 Multiple choice questions
- a new jazz form introduced by black musicians in the early 1940's Popularized by performers such as Dizzy Gillispie , this style of music had more complex rhythms than swing and developed separately from swing
- carried away by music
- killing time with friends
- a mischievous goblin who supposedly caused military equipment to malfunction
- after the attack on Pearl Harbor,fear of an other attack on the mainland led to the formation of the office of Civil Defense. By 1934' nine million civilian volunteers were serving as spotters scanning the skies for enemy aircraft' and as air-raid wardens checking to see that all houses were blacked out when air-raid sirens sounded . Coastal cities were dark at night . Fear of attack by submarines or planes led city leaders to order building lights turned off.
5 True/False questions
Powder dry → a bomber crew member who uses the bombsight and releases the bombs
Eight To The Bar → An athletic often acrobatic dance with "breakaways." Make the jitterbug song and dance as unrestrained as possible.The jitterbug was only a c-r-a-z-y dance with leaps and jumps and tossing partners about, was also wildly popular during WWII.
Keen → good,cool,hip,etc.
cats → musicians
Dolly → an attractive girl