5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Glamour Girl
- Moppin' up a ten cent pop
- Eight To The Bar
- A Dish
- a A term made by popular by Hollywood of the 1940's
- b A fast jitterbug
- c drinking soda pop that only cost a dime at that time
- d an attractive girl
- e eight eighth notes to a measure. commonly used in swing music
5 Multiple choice questions
- a ballroom dance in double time that includes slow walking steps, quick running steps and two steps.
- after the attack on Pearl Harbor,fear of an other attack on the mainland led to the formation of the office of Civil Defense. By 1934' nine million civilian volunteers were serving as spotters scanning the skies for enemy aircraft' and as air-raid wardens checking to see that all houses were blacked out when air-raid sirens sounded . Coastal cities were dark at night . Fear of attack by submarines or planes led city leaders to order building lights turned off.
- carried away by music
- where dance partners separated and improvised steps
- a new jazz form introduced by black musicians in the early 1940's Popularized by performers such as Dizzy Gillispie , this style of music had more complex rhythms than swing and developed separately from swing
5 True/False questions
Gremlin → good,cool,hip,etc.
Bombardier → an attractive girl
O.S.S → short for the office of strategic services, a for runner of the C.I.A.
Dolly → an attractive girl
Jitterbug → Dance up a storm