5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cut A Rug
- Eight To The Bar
- a eight eighth notes to a measure. commonly used in swing music
- b Dance up a storm
- c where dance partners separated and improvised steps
- d An exclamation of approval especially when referring to someone of the opposite sex
- e the nations which fought against the United States of America and the other allied nations
5 Multiple choice questions
- short for civilian defense, a volunteer organization of air raid wardens, ham radio poerators and the like.
- A fast jitterbug
- this term for the other side of a record was first coined in the 1940's
- killing time with friends
- an attractive girl
5 True/False questions
Jitterbug → Dance up a storm
Civil Defense → after the attack on Pearl Harbor,fear of an other attack on the mainland led to the formation of the office of Civil Defense. By 1934' nine million civilian volunteers were serving as spotters scanning the skies for enemy aircraft' and as air-raid wardens checking to see that all houses were blacked out when air-raid sirens sounded . Coastal cities were dark at night . Fear of attack by submarines or planes led city leaders to order building lights turned off.
Moppin' up a ten cent pop → drinking soda pop that only cost a dime at that time
In The Grove → Dance up a storm
Be-Bop → good,cool,hip,etc.