5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In The Grove
- a an attractive girl
- b musicians
- c carried away by music
- d A fast jitterbug
- e a mischievous goblin who supposedly caused military equipment to malfunction
5 Multiple choice questions
- Means Government Issue ,but the initials also stand for enlisted personnel G.I."Joe."
- as in "keep your powder dry" technically it means gun powder but came to mean "keep ready for action
- An athletic often acrobatic dance with "breakaways." Make the jitterbug song and dance as unrestrained as possible.The jitterbug was only a c-r-a-z-y dance with leaps and jumps and tossing partners about, was also wildly popular during WWII.
- a ballroom dance in double time that includes slow walking steps, quick running steps and two steps.
- a bomber crew member who uses the bombsight and releases the bombs
5 True/False questions
Be-Bop → a new jazz form introduced by black musicians in the early 1940's Popularized by performers such as Dizzy Gillispie , this style of music had more complex rhythms than swing and developed separately from swing
O.S.S → short for the office of strategic services, a for runner of the C.I.A.
Axis → an attractive girl
C.D. → Means Government Issue ,but the initials also stand for enlisted personnel G.I."Joe."
Civil Defense → after the attack on Pearl Harbor,fear of an other attack on the mainland led to the formation of the office of Civil Defense. By 1934' nine million civilian volunteers were serving as spotters scanning the skies for enemy aircraft' and as air-raid wardens checking to see that all houses were blacked out when air-raid sirens sounded . Coastal cities were dark at night . Fear of attack by submarines or planes led city leaders to order building lights turned off.