5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cut A Rug
- Civil Defense
- In The Grove
- a Dance up a storm
- b a bomber crew member who uses the bombsight and releases the bombs
- c carried away by music
- d a mischievous goblin who supposedly caused military equipment to malfunction
- e after the attack on Pearl Harbor,fear of an other attack on the mainland led to the formation of the office of Civil Defense. By 1934' nine million civilian volunteers were serving as spotters scanning the skies for enemy aircraft' and as air-raid wardens checking to see that all houses were blacked out when air-raid sirens sounded . Coastal cities were dark at night . Fear of attack by submarines or planes led city leaders to order building lights turned off.
5 Multiple choice questions
- short for the office of strategic services, a for runner of the C.I.A.
- a ballroom dance in double time that includes slow walking steps, quick running steps and two steps.
- an attractive girl
- where dance partners separated and improvised steps
- Means Government Issue ,but the initials also stand for enlisted personnel G.I."Joe."
5 True/False questions
A Dish → an attractive girl
Lindy → an attractive girl
Be-Bop → good,cool,hip,etc.
C.D. → short for civilian defense, a volunteer organization of air raid wardens, ham radio poerators and the like.
Moppin' up a ten cent pop → drinking soda pop that only cost a dime at that time