5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Civil Defense
- a a bomber crew member who uses the bombsight and releases the bombs
- b Means Government Issue ,but the initials also stand for enlisted personnel G.I."Joe."
- c a mischievous goblin who supposedly caused military equipment to malfunction
- d short for the office of strategic services, a for runner of the C.I.A.
- e after the attack on Pearl Harbor,fear of an other attack on the mainland led to the formation of the office of Civil Defense. By 1934' nine million civilian volunteers were serving as spotters scanning the skies for enemy aircraft' and as air-raid wardens checking to see that all houses were blacked out when air-raid sirens sounded . Coastal cities were dark at night . Fear of attack by submarines or planes led city leaders to order building lights turned off.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Dance up a storm
- A term made by popular by Hollywood of the 1940's
- killing time with friends
- An athletic often acrobatic dance with "breakaways." Make the jitterbug song and dance as unrestrained as possible.The jitterbug was only a c-r-a-z-y dance with leaps and jumps and tossing partners about, was also wildly popular during WWII.
5 True/False questions
cats → short for civilian defense, a volunteer organization of air raid wardens, ham radio poerators and the like.
Foxtrot → short for the office of strategic services, a for runner of the C.I.A.
Be-Bop → good,cool,hip,etc.
Eight To The Bar → eight eighth notes to a measure. commonly used in swing music
Moppin' up a ten cent pop → killing time with friends