English 2 ACC Week 3 & 4 Vocabulary
Terms in this set (45)
1. Strip the leaves or branches from.
2. To destroy or cause widespread loss of leaves in an area as by using chemical sprays or incendiary bombs, in order to deprive enemy troops or guerrilla forces of concealment.
1. Give up, such as power, as of monarchs and emperors, or duties and obligations.
1. To remove from office or position, especially high office.
2. To testify or affirm under oath, especially in a written statement.
1. One who kidnaps.
2. Any muscle that abducts.
1. To reduce in worth or value; to reduce in stature, rank, or grade.
2. To lower in dignity or esteem; insult.
1. Not normal.
1. To remove or prohibit the presence of soldiers, weapons, etc. in an area after an agreement has been made to stop fighting.
1. A feeling of intense dislike
1. Weaken, make useless.
2. Injure permanently.
1. Beautiful handwriting.
1. The feeling of being bored by something tedious.
2. Dissatisfaction and restlessness resulting from boredom or apathy.
1. End one's encounter with somebody by causing or permitting the person to leave.
2. Put away from consideration; reject.
1. An implement consisting of handle with a free swinging stick at the end.
2. To wave or swing vigorously; to thrash.
1. To persuade not to do something.
1. Marked by distress.
2. Full of or loaded with.
1. Like or characteristic of or befitting a brother.
1. Overly dramatic.
1. A person who murders their brother or sister
2. The act of murdering one's own brother or sister
1.Honor; tribute; great respect
2. Something done or given to show respect or honor; an act of allegiance.
1. Form of visual communication, usually illegal, involving the unauthorized marking of public space by an individual or group.
1. Extremely or abnormally active.
1. Of or relating to the graphic arts.
1. A common disorder in which blood pressure remains abnormally high.
1. Death that is imposed because of the person's adherence of a religious faith or cause.
1. To plead on behalf of someone else; to serve as a third party or go-between in a disagreement.
1. A medical instrument that records several physiological processes simultaneously; lie detector
1. A surface forming a common boundary between two things.
2. Computer circuit consisting of the hardware and associated circuitry that links one device with another.
1. Premonition; foreboding; feeling something will happen; anticipatory fear.
1. To insert between other elements.
1 The immediate descendants of a person.
1. Introduce one's writing or speech with certain expressions.
2.Place at intervals in or among.
1. Presenting favorable circumstances; giving or indicating a good chance of success
1. Dulled by surfeit.
1. Causing no symptoms.
2. Being quiet or still or inactive.
3. Not active or activated.
4. Marked by a state of tranquil repose.
1. Capable of being shaped or bent or drawn out.
2. Easily influenced.
1. Not sensible about practical matters.
1. Capable of being perceived by the senses or the mind.
2. Can be felt by palpation.
1. Excessively abundant.
2. Encountered generally especially at the present time.
1. Marked by a narrow focus on or display of learning especially its trivial aspects.
1. Concise and full of meaning.
2. Abounding in or given to pompous or aphoristic moralizing.
1. The abode of Satan and the forces of evil.
1.Having a sweet nature befitting an angel or cherub.
2. Of or relating to an angel of the first order
1. Perform an act, usually with a negative connotation.
1. Pleasant in appearance and personality.
1. Reason philosophically.