5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Holes or soft spots
- Acid rain
- Carbonic acid
- a Chemical weathering makes ___ in rock which makes the rock break apart easier
- b ____ (porous) rocks have faster weathering rates than other rock types
- c Given enough time, physical weathering can wear away whole ___.
- d Rain with a lower pH than normal rain
- e CO2 dissolved in rainwater can become ___.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The MOST important agent of chemical weathering
- Weathering that physically breaks down rocks into smaller pieces.
- ______ climates have faster weathering rates than others
- Physical weathering works ___.
- Weathering that breaks down rock through chemical changes
5 True/False questions
Surface area → ____ (porous) rocks have faster weathering rates than other rock types
Together → The MOST important agent of chemical weathering
Weathering & Erosion → The process that breaks down rock and other substances at the Earth's surface
Ice wedging → The process that splits rock when water seeps into cracks, then freezes and expands
Erosion → The movement of rock particles by wind, water, ice, or gravity