5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mineral makeup
- Holes or soft spots
- Weathering & Erosion
- a Chemical weathering produces rocks that have a different ___ than the original rock
- b Physical and Chemical weathering often work _______ or at the same time
- c Chemical weathering makes ___ in rock which makes the rock break apart easier
- d Water weathers rock by ___ rock
- e Work TOGETHER to wear down and carry away rocks at Earth's surface
5 Multiple choice questions
- Two most important factors that determine the RATE of weathering
- This can cause rocks with iron in them to rust (oxidation)
- Physical weathering works ___.
- Rain with a lower pH than normal rain
- ____ (porous) rocks have faster weathering rates than other rock types
5 True/False questions
Water → The MOST important agent of chemical weathering
Roots → The MOST important agent of chemical weathering
Smaller → The forces of weathering break the rocks into ___ and smaller pieces
Lichens → Pioneer plants that are the first to grow onto bare rock.
Marble and limestone → Carbonic acid easily weathers ____.