5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hot and wet
- Surface area
- a The grinding away of rock by rock particles carried by water, ice, wind, or gravity
- b ______ climates have faster weathering rates than others
- c Physical weathering breaks rock into smaller pieces so more ___ is exposed on the rocks to chemical weathering
- d ____ (porous) rocks have faster weathering rates than other rock types
- e Given enough time, physical weathering can wear away whole ___.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Chemical weathering produces rocks that have a different ___ than the original rock
- The process that splits rock when water seeps into cracks, then freezes and expands
- Water weathers rock by ___ rock
- The movement of rock particles by wind, water, ice, or gravity
- CO2 dissolved in rainwater can become ___.
5 True/False questions
Lichens → This can cause rocks with iron in them to rust (oxidation)
Water → The MOST important agent of chemical weathering
Smaller → The MOST important agent of chemical weathering
Type of Rock AND Climate → Two most important factors that determine the RATE of weathering
Marble and limestone → Carbonic acid easily weathers ____.