5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Ice wedging
- a Plant ____ can push into cracks and make weak acids that slowly dissolve rock
- b This can cause rocks with iron in them to rust (oxidation)
- c Water weathers rock by ___ rock
- d The process that splits rock when water seeps into cracks, then freezes and expands
- e The forces of weathering break the rocks into ___ and smaller pieces
5 Multiple choice questions
- ____ (porous) rocks have faster weathering rates than other rock types
- Physical and Chemical weathering often work _______ or at the same time
- Pioneer plants that are the first to grow onto bare rock.
- Chemical weathering makes ___ in rock which makes the rock break apart easier
- Work TOGETHER to wear down and carry away rocks at Earth's surface
5 True/False questions
Surface area → ______ climates have faster weathering rates than others
Marble and limestone → Carbonic acid easily weathers ____.
Weathering → The MOST important agent of chemical weathering
Carbonic acid → Rain with a lower pH than normal rain
Type of Rock AND Climate → Carbonic acid easily weathers ____.