5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Holes or soft spots
- Marble and limestone
- Ice wedging
- a Chemical weathering makes ___ in rock which makes the rock break apart easier
- b The MOST important agent of chemical weathering
- c Carbonic acid easily weathers ____.
- d Water weathers rock by ___ rock
- e The process that splits rock when water seeps into cracks, then freezes and expands
5 Multiple choice questions
- Physical weathering works ___.
- Chemical weathering produces rocks that have a different ___ than the original rock
- Physical weathering breaks rock into smaller pieces so more ___ is exposed on the rocks to chemical weathering
- Work TOGETHER to wear down and carry away rocks at Earth's surface
- CO2 dissolved in rainwater can become ___.
5 True/False questions
Acid rain → Rain with a lower pH than normal rain
Weathering → The MOST important agent of chemical weathering
Erosion → The grinding away of rock by rock particles carried by water, ice, wind, or gravity
Physical → Weathering that breaks down rock through chemical changes
Type of Rock AND Climate → Two most important factors that determine the RATE of weathering