5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hot and wet
- Weathering & Erosion
- a Weathering that physically breaks down rocks into smaller pieces.
- b ______ climates have faster weathering rates than others
- c Water weathers rock by ___ rock
- d Physical and Chemical weathering often work _______ or at the same time
- e Work TOGETHER to wear down and carry away rocks at Earth's surface
5 Multiple choice questions
- This can cause rocks with iron in them to rust (oxidation)
- Pioneer plants that are the first to grow onto bare rock.
- Weathering that breaks down rock through chemical changes
- The movement of rock particles by wind, water, ice, or gravity
- The grinding away of rock by rock particles carried by water, ice, wind, or gravity
5 True/False questions
Mountains → Given enough time, physical weathering can wear away whole ___.
Type of Rock AND Climate → Carbonic acid easily weathers ____.
Roots → The movement of rock particles by wind, water, ice, or gravity
Weathering → The process that breaks down rock and other substances at the Earth's surface
Holes or soft spots → ______ climates have faster weathering rates than others