5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A sequence of three nucleotide bases on mRNA that refers to a specific amino acid. (if DNA triplets are AAT-CGT-TCG then related _____ on mRNA would be UUA-GCA-AGC
- b A the resting phase between two mitotic or meiotic divisions during which the cell grows, copies its DNA, and synthesizes proteins
- c A process that separates materials through a membrane based on the size of their particles.
- d Diffusion of water through a selectively permeable membrane
- e Anchoring junctions that prevents cells subjected to mechanical stress from being pulled apart; two adjacent cells are attached. formed from protein plaques in the the cell membranes linked by protein filaments
5 Multiple choice questions
- (biology) the basic structural and functional unit of all organisms
- Energy-requiring process that moves material across a cell membrane against a concentration difference or gradient
- Communicating Junctions; channels that allow small molecules to flow through protein-lined pores between cells. common in the heart and embryonic cells.
- Requires NO energy, Movement of molecules from high to low concentration, Moves with the concentration gradient.example is ATP. and diffusion is driven by kinetic energy
- A type of intercellular junction in animal cells that prevents the leakage of material between cells, Impermeable, bind cells together into leak-proof sheets
5 True/False questions
transcription → the process whereby genetic information coded in messenger RNA and used to assemble proteins.
ribonucleic acid(RNA) → single-stranded nucleic acid that contains the sugar ribose; acts in protein synthesis
cytokinesis → Division of the cytoplasm during cell division after the cell nucleus has divided.
mitosis → Cell's division (PMAT) of the nucleus. Final product is 2 daughter cells that are exactly like the parent cell., asexual reproduction and contains same number of chromosomes.
chromosome → Anchoring junctions that prevents cells subjected to mechanical stress from being pulled apart; two adjacent cells are attached. formed from protein plaques in the the cell membranes linked by protein filaments