5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cell Theory
- tight junction
- membrane junction
- a Cells are tightly bound, prevent fluids and most molecules from moving between cells. Useful in places such as the stomach and kidneys. types are desmosomes, tight junctions, and gap junctions
- b Division of the cytoplasm during cell division after the cell nucleus has divided.
- c biological unit of hereditary information located in chromatin consisting of a specific nucleotide sequence in DNA (or RNA, in some viruses). that transmits hereditary information.
- d A type of intercellular junction in animal cells that prevents the leakage of material between cells, Impermeable, bind cells together into leak-proof sheets
- e 1. All living things are made of cells
5 Multiple choice questions
- A solution in which the concentration of solutes is less than that of the cell that resides in the solution, causes a cell to swell because of osmosis.
- After the chromosome seperates, the cell seals off, Final Phase of Mitosis., A cleavage furrow forms during this phase, two nuclei are formed
- Process by which a cell divides into two new daughter cells
- A solution in which the concentration of solutes is essentially equal to that of the cell which resides in the solution. examples interstitial fluid and intravenous solutions
- Cell's division (PMAT) of the nucleus. Final product is 2 daughter cells that are exactly like the parent cell., asexual reproduction and contains same number of chromosomes.
5 True/False questions
endocytosis → Diffusion of water through a selectively permeable membrane
hypertonic solution → A solution in which the concentration of solutes is greater than that of the cell that resides in the solution.,causes a cell to shrink because of osmosis
Cell → (biology) the basic structural and functional unit of all organisms
chromosome → Anchoring junctions that prevents cells subjected to mechanical stress from being pulled apart; two adjacent cells are attached. formed from protein plaques in the the cell membranes linked by protein filaments
desmosome → A threadlike, gene-carrying structure found in the nucleus. consists of one very long DNA molecule and associated proteins.