5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- hypotonic solution
- a (biology) the basic structural and functional unit of all organisms
- b A solution in which the concentration of solutes is less than that of the cell that resides in the solution, causes a cell to swell because of osmosis.
- c Movement of molecules from an area of higher concentration to an area of lower concentration.
- d A substance produced by a living organism that acts as a catalyst to bring about a specific chemical reaction
- e A the resting phase between two mitotic or meiotic divisions during which the cell grows, copies its DNA, and synthesizes proteins
5 Multiple choice questions
- a group of three bases on DNA that codes for one amino acid.
- biological unit of hereditary information located in chromatin consisting of a specific nucleotide sequence in DNA (or RNA, in some viruses). that transmits hereditary information.
- Active transport process where a cell engulfs materials with a portion of the cell's plasma membrane and releases the contents inside of the cell to form a vacuole.
- Second Stage of Cell division: Centromeres of duplicated chromosomes are aligned at plate. chromosomes become attached to spindle fibers
- Division of the cytoplasm during cell division after the cell nucleus has divided.
5 True/False questions
anaphase → Second Stage of Cell division: Centromeres of duplicated chromosomes are aligned at plate. chromosomes become attached to spindle fibers
filtration → A process that separates materials through a membrane based on the size of their particles.
active transport → Requires NO energy, Movement of molecules from high to low concentration, Moves with the concentration gradient.example is ATP. and diffusion is driven by kinetic energy
gap junction → Communicating Junctions; channels that allow small molecules to flow through protein-lined pores between cells. common in the heart and embryonic cells.
Cell Theory → 1. All living things are made of cells