5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- concentration gradient
- protein synthesis
- hypotonic solution
- a a gradient in concentration of a solute that molecules move down and the greater the difference in concentration between the two areas, the faster diffusion occurs. It is An increase or decrease in the density of a chemical substance in an area., A difference in concentration between two areas.
- b Forming proteins based on information in DNA and carried out by RNA
- c Diffusion of water through a selectively permeable membrane
- d A solution in which the concentration of solutes is less than that of the cell that resides in the solution, causes a cell to swell because of osmosis.
- e 3rd phase; the chromatids of each chromosome separate at the centromere and move in opposite poles of the spindle.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Energy-requiring process that moves material across a cell membrane against a concentration difference or gradient
- Communicating Junctions; channels that allow small molecules to flow through protein-lined pores between cells. common in the heart and embryonic cells.
- Cells are tightly bound, prevent fluids and most molecules from moving between cells. Useful in places such as the stomach and kidneys. types are desmosomes, tight junctions, and gap junctions
- Process by which a cell divides into two new daughter cells
- Cell's division (PMAT) of the nucleus. Final product is 2 daughter cells that are exactly like the parent cell., asexual reproduction and contains same number of chromosomes.
5 True/False questions
Cell → biological unit of hereditary information located in chromatin consisting of a specific nucleotide sequence in DNA (or RNA, in some viruses). that transmits hereditary information.
diffusion → Cell's division (PMAT) of the nucleus. Final product is 2 daughter cells that are exactly like the parent cell., asexual reproduction and contains same number of chromosomes.
enzyme → A substance produced by a living organism that acts as a catalyst to bring about a specific chemical reaction
Organelle → A tiny cell structure that carries out a specific function within the cell
desmosome → A threadlike, gene-carrying structure found in the nucleus. consists of one very long DNA molecule and associated proteins.