5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- deoxyribonucleic acid
- concentration gradient
- tight junction
- a A sequence of three bases of a tRNA molecule that pairs with the complementary three-nucleotide codon of an mRNA molecule during protein synthesis.
- b A type of intercellular junction in animal cells that prevents the leakage of material between cells, Impermeable, bind cells together into leak-proof sheets
- c (genetics) the organic process whereby the DNA sequence in a gene is copied into mRNA, DNA acts as a template for the synthesis of RNA
- d nucleic acid found in all living cells: carries the organism's hereditary information.
- e a gradient in concentration of a solute that molecules move down and the greater the difference in concentration between the two areas, the faster diffusion occurs. It is An increase or decrease in the density of a chemical substance in an area., A difference in concentration between two areas.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A threadlike, gene-carrying structure found in the nucleus. consists of one very long DNA molecule and associated proteins.
- A the resting phase between two mitotic or meiotic divisions during which the cell grows, copies its DNA, and synthesizes proteins
- Second Stage of Cell division: Centromeres of duplicated chromosomes are aligned at plate. chromosomes become attached to spindle fibers
- 3rd phase; the chromatids of each chromosome separate at the centromere and move in opposite poles of the spindle.
- Requires NO energy, Movement of molecules from high to low concentration, Moves with the concentration gradient.example is ATP. and diffusion is driven by kinetic energy
5 True/False questions
Cell Theory → (biology) the basic structural and functional unit of all organisms
cell division → Process by which a cell divides into two new daughter cells
active transport → Energy-requiring process that moves material across a cell membrane against a concentration difference or gradient
isotonic solution → A solution in which the concentration of solutes is less than that of the cell that resides in the solution, causes a cell to swell because of osmosis.
mitosis → Cell's division (PMAT) of the nucleus. Final product is 2 daughter cells that are exactly like the parent cell., asexual reproduction and contains same number of chromosomes.