5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- isotonic solution
- active transport
- hypertonic solution
- a A tiny cell structure that carries out a specific function within the cell
- b A solution in which the concentration of solutes is essentially equal to that of the cell which resides in the solution. examples interstitial fluid and intravenous solutions
- c Energy-requiring process that moves material across a cell membrane against a concentration difference or gradient
- d A solution in which the concentration of solutes is greater than that of the cell that resides in the solution.,causes a cell to shrink because of osmosis
- e A threadlike, gene-carrying structure found in the nucleus. consists of one very long DNA molecule and associated proteins.
5 Multiple choice questions
- After the chromosome seperates, the cell seals off, Final Phase of Mitosis., A cleavage furrow forms during this phase, two nuclei are formed
- A substance produced by a living organism that acts as a catalyst to bring about a specific chemical reaction
- the process whereby genetic information coded in messenger RNA and used to assemble proteins.
- Division of the cytoplasm during cell division after the cell nucleus has divided.
- biological unit of hereditary information located in chromatin consisting of a specific nucleotide sequence in DNA (or RNA, in some viruses). that transmits hereditary information.
5 True/False questions
filtration → A process that separates materials through a membrane based on the size of their particles.
desmosome → Anchoring junctions that prevents cells subjected to mechanical stress from being pulled apart; two adjacent cells are attached. formed from protein plaques in the the cell membranes linked by protein filaments
anaphase → Second Stage of Cell division: Centromeres of duplicated chromosomes are aligned at plate. chromosomes become attached to spindle fibers
passive transport → Energy-requiring process that moves material across a cell membrane against a concentration difference or gradient
cell division → Process by which a cell divides into two new daughter cells