5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- hypertonic solution
- a a group of three bases on DNA that codes for one amino acid.
- b A sequence of three nucleotide bases on mRNA that refers to a specific amino acid. (if DNA triplets are AAT-CGT-TCG then related _____ on mRNA would be UUA-GCA-AGC
- c A substance produced by a living organism that acts as a catalyst to bring about a specific chemical reaction
- d A solution in which the concentration of solutes is greater than that of the cell that resides in the solution.,causes a cell to shrink because of osmosis
- e Anchoring junctions that prevents cells subjected to mechanical stress from being pulled apart; two adjacent cells are attached. formed from protein plaques in the the cell membranes linked by protein filaments
5 Multiple choice questions
- Cell's division (PMAT) of the nucleus. Final product is 2 daughter cells that are exactly like the parent cell., asexual reproduction and contains same number of chromosomes.
- Second Stage of Cell division: Centromeres of duplicated chromosomes are aligned at plate. chromosomes become attached to spindle fibers
- Division of the cytoplasm during cell division after the cell nucleus has divided.
- A tiny cell structure that carries out a specific function within the cell
- 3rd phase; the chromatids of each chromosome separate at the centromere and move in opposite poles of the spindle.
5 True/False questions
concentration gradient → a gradient in concentration of a solute that molecules move down and the greater the difference in concentration between the two areas, the faster diffusion occurs. It is An increase or decrease in the density of a chemical substance in an area., A difference in concentration between two areas.
diffusion → Cell's division (PMAT) of the nucleus. Final product is 2 daughter cells that are exactly like the parent cell., asexual reproduction and contains same number of chromosomes.
cell division → Process by which a cell divides into two new daughter cells
endocytosis → Active transport process where a cell engulfs materials with a portion of the cell's plasma membrane and releases the contents inside of the cell to form a vacuole.
interphase → A the resting phase between two mitotic or meiotic divisions during which the cell grows, copies its DNA, and synthesizes proteins