5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- protein synthesis
- concentration gradient
- tight junction
- a a gradient in concentration of a solute that molecules move down and the greater the difference in concentration between the two areas, the faster diffusion occurs. It is An increase or decrease in the density of a chemical substance in an area., A difference in concentration between two areas.
- b A type of intercellular junction in animal cells that prevents the leakage of material between cells, Impermeable, bind cells together into leak-proof sheets
- c (genetics) the organic process whereby the DNA sequence in a gene is copied into mRNA, DNA acts as a template for the synthesis of RNA
- d Forming proteins based on information in DNA and carried out by RNA
- e Division of the cytoplasm during cell division after the cell nucleus has divided.
5 Multiple choice questions
- single-stranded nucleic acid that contains the sugar ribose; acts in protein synthesis
- A solution in which the concentration of solutes is greater than that of the cell that resides in the solution.,causes a cell to shrink because of osmosis
- Diffusion of water through a selectively permeable membrane
- Process by which a cell divides into two new daughter cells
- A sequence of three nucleotide bases on mRNA that refers to a specific amino acid. (if DNA triplets are AAT-CGT-TCG then related _____ on mRNA would be UUA-GCA-AGC
5 True/False questions
anticodon → A sequence of three nucleotide bases on mRNA that refers to a specific amino acid. (if DNA triplets are AAT-CGT-TCG then related _____ on mRNA would be UUA-GCA-AGC
interphase → After the chromosome seperates, the cell seals off, Final Phase of Mitosis., A cleavage furrow forms during this phase, two nuclei are formed
active transport → Energy-requiring process that moves material across a cell membrane against a concentration difference or gradient
diffusion → Cell's division (PMAT) of the nucleus. Final product is 2 daughter cells that are exactly like the parent cell., asexual reproduction and contains same number of chromosomes.
deoxyribonucleic acid → single-stranded nucleic acid that contains the sugar ribose; acts in protein synthesis