5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A tiny cell structure that carries out a specific function within the cell
- b A sequence of three bases of a tRNA molecule that pairs with the complementary three-nucleotide codon of an mRNA molecule during protein synthesis.
- c A substance produced by a living organism that acts as a catalyst to bring about a specific chemical reaction
- d Movement of molecules from an area of higher concentration to an area of lower concentration.
- e Diffusion of water through a selectively permeable membrane
5 Multiple choice questions
- A the resting phase between two mitotic or meiotic divisions during which the cell grows, copies its DNA, and synthesizes proteins
- the process whereby genetic information coded in messenger RNA and used to assemble proteins.
- A threadlike, gene-carrying structure found in the nucleus. consists of one very long DNA molecule and associated proteins.
- (genetics) the organic process whereby the DNA sequence in a gene is copied into mRNA, DNA acts as a template for the synthesis of RNA
- Anchoring junctions that prevents cells subjected to mechanical stress from being pulled apart; two adjacent cells are attached. formed from protein plaques in the the cell membranes linked by protein filaments
5 True/False questions
triplet → A substance produced by a living organism that acts as a catalyst to bring about a specific chemical reaction
tight junction → Communicating Junctions; channels that allow small molecules to flow through protein-lined pores between cells. common in the heart and embryonic cells.
gene → biological unit of hereditary information located in chromatin consisting of a specific nucleotide sequence in DNA (or RNA, in some viruses). that transmits hereditary information.
membrane junction → Communicating Junctions; channels that allow small molecules to flow through protein-lined pores between cells. common in the heart and embryonic cells.
mitosis → Cell's division (PMAT) of the nucleus. Final product is 2 daughter cells that are exactly like the parent cell., asexual reproduction and contains same number of chromosomes.