5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Round Character
- Novel of ideas
- a is a literary genre that focuses on the psychological and moral growth of the protagonist from youth to adulthood (coming of age), and in which, therefore, character change is extremely important.
- b A character or force in conflict with the main character
- c a novel in which the examination of intellectual issues and concepts takes precedence over characterization or a traditional storyline
- d character with many personality traits (many details given). A character who demonstrates some complexity and who develops or changes in the course of a work
- e is the codified gestures, in which the author tells the story. Along with plot, character, theme, and setting, style is considered one of the fundamental components of fiction
5 Multiple choice questions
- Sequence of events in a story
- A series of events that builds from the conflict.
- the point when the conflict is resolved and remaining loose ends are tied up
- Events after the climax, leading to the resolution
- a character in the story is actually telling the story himself/herself
5 True/False questions
Setting → The context in time and place in which the action of a story occurs.
Static Character → A character type that appears repeatedly in a particular literary genre, one which has certain conventional attributes or attitudes.
Direct Characterization → Author subtly reveals the character through actions and interactions.
Motivation → A literary work based on the imagination and not necessarily on fact
Stock Character → A character that does not change from the beginning of the story to the end