5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Inciting Events
- Novel of ideas
- Third Person Omniscient
- Hamartia (Tragic Flaw)
- a the event(s) that triggers the conflict.
- b Point of view in which an all-knowing narrator who is privy to the thoughts and actions of any or all characters.
- c a novel in which the examination of intellectual issues and concepts takes precedence over characterization or a traditional storyline
- d A character flaw that causes the downfall or death of a person of high rank/status
- e A narrative device, often used at the beginning of a work that provides necessary background information about the characters and their circumstances.
5 Multiple choice questions
- involving opposing forces within a person's mind.
- A character who embodies a single quality and who does not develop in the course of a story
- the perspective from which a story is told
- A moment of sudden revelation or insight
- literally means "beyond fiction". This novel type self-conciously addresses the devices of fiction exposing the fictional illusion.
5 True/False questions
Rising Action → A series of events that builds from the conflict.
Unity → Sequence of events in a story
Setting → The context in time and place in which the action of a story occurs.
Denouement/ Resolution → the point when the conflict is resolved and remaining loose ends are tied up
Round Character → character with many personality traits (many details given). A character who demonstrates some complexity and who develops or changes in the course of a work