Upgrade to remove ads
Terms in this set (73)
Why can't a motorized pedalcycle enter onto a limited access highway
It does not exceed speeds of 25 mph
What is a primary function of PennDot
Creating safety regulations for vehicles
With regards to the removing of privileges, what would PennDot do to someones operating privileges regarding medical incompetence
The halting of a vehicle, whether occupied or not, except momentarily for the purpose of, and while actually engaged in receiving or discharging passengers is defined as
Stand or Standing
Which is not considered a vehicle
Electric Mobility Device
The definition of a pedestrian is
A natural person afoot
In what district would an alley be found
Violations of section 3101 of the motor vehicle code refer to the operation of vehicles on
9. Before enforcing the fines as stated from section 3326- Duty of driver in construction and maintenance areas, the officer has to be sure of what three things?
Violation applies to section 3326
10. A resident is defined by the Motor Vehicle Code as a person who has lived in the Commonwealth of PA for how long?
60 consecutive days
11. What are the requirements of section 3307 "No Passing Zones" as far as the posting of them is concerned?
They need to be posted at the beginning and the end
12. What is the feet requirement for a driver who is approaching an oncoming vehicle with regards to having to dim their high beams as stated in section 4306?
13. If you, as the owner of a vehicle stay outside of the Comm. of PA. for 30 days or longer and your inspection expires, when you come back to PA, how long do you have to get your vehicle inspected?
Chapter 19 refers to
15. What is the testing accuracy requirements in days according to section 3368 "Speed Timing Devices"?
16. May be cited within for proper inspection?
17. What is the fine for the driver overtaking a school bus with stop sign out?
18. What is the minimum distance to follow another vehicle on a highway?
Reasonable and Prudent distance having due regard for conditions
19. Attempting to flee or elude a police officer is graded as?
20. If a person is traveling at a speed more than 35 MPH, how many feet must they display a turn signal?
21. Speed timing devices may not be used to time vehicle within
22. What are the posting requirements for restricted speed zones?
Every half mile within the speed zone
23. Where does a Tow truck have to display their company/business name at on their vehicle?
On both sides of vehicle
24. What is the difference between Antique and Classic Motor vehicles?
25. Who can remove inspection stickers?
26. Wearing a helmet on a pedalcycle refers to?
Anyone under the age of 12
27. Section 3545 "Pedestrians Soliciting a Ride", a person can't stand where?
28. Slow-moving vehicle emblem should be displayed when?
Traveling a speed of 25 mph
29. Which is not a State?
Any Provinces of Mexico
30. After arresting a person, what does a police officer not have to do?
31. Which of the following is not a motorists' duty?
To assist a police officer if in need
Police officer in PA has authority to?
Inspect vehicle equipment
which of the following signs has red in it?
Witness to accident, that you investigate, says driver was looking at girls when accident occurred. What is the chapter to cite the driver?
How can a driver have their driving privileges suspended?
Passing school bus with red lights
According to section 3525 protective headgear, who is exempt?
The operator or any occupant of a three-wheeled motorcycle equipped with an enclosed cab
A natural person, firm, co-partnership, association or corporation is the definition of?
Some of its weight rest on a towing vehicle is the definition of?
A semi trailer
The temporary storing of a vehicle whether occupied or not, off the roadway is the definition of?
Park or Parking
Section 1311 states that a person has how many days to produce a valid registration card to avoid being convicted of offense?
The combined weight of a vehicle or combination of vehicles and its load excluding the drivers weight is the definition of?
Possession of title between two people must include what?
Both Signatures and Notarized
A dirty license plate is?
A plate that can not be read at a reasonable distance
What class license does a person who is operating a vehicle that is 26,000lbs and towing 8,000lbs need?
Habitual Offender are subject to have their license what from PennDot
What does Chapter 16 regulate?
Commercial Driver's License
Fee for Commercial Vehicle, where would you look?
If a driver is not in possession of registration card, how many days do they have to produce a card to avoid offense
If a driver is found with a driver license that expired within 60 days of the date of expiration, how much is the fine?
In order to be a commercial vehicle, excess of how many pounds?
Who has the authority to designate Emergency Vehicles?
PA state police
In order for a passenger to be transported on a motorcycle it must have footrest and?
Chapter 77 Who is responsible for the registration of snowmobiles and ATV's
The Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
The vehicle code offenses are graded as?
Summary, misdemeanor, felony
According to section 1503, a Licensed Junior Driver may NOT operate a vehicle upon a public highway between
What type of drivers are required to carry a certificate of physical and vision examination?
School bus drivers
The driver of an emergency vehicle can do which of the following?
Park or Stand irrespective of the vehicle code
If a police officer is unable to charge at the scene of a traffic offense, the police officer can?
File a citation
Which of the following is not considered a abandoned vehicle?
Two or more vehicles connected in tandem is?
A combination Vehicle
The operator of an antique vehicle can travel?
1 day a week
If no fine is specified for a code, what is the amount?
The fine for expired registration will increase after the registration is expired for?
A police officer can institute criminal proceedings by utilizing after arrest by?
All the above
The purpose of a probationary license is?
to allow habitual offenders to drive on a limited basis
According to section 4909, "Transporting Foodstuffs in Vehicles Used to Transport Waste", Who can be charged with violating this section?
All the above
All vehicles after 1981 have how many digits in the VIN?
A person stopped for speeding in PA with NJ registration and driver license, but has been a PA resident for 4 months, Which statement is true?
He should have a valid PA driver's license because he is not a resident of PA
How would you go about fixing a citation (ticket) if you noticed a mistake on it after you gave it to someone and let them go?
File a corrected citation and void out the first citation and deliver both to a magistrate and notify the defendant of the new filing.
Section 6309 and 6309.1, "Impoundment for Non-Payment of Fines", vehicles can be impounded for fines in excess of how much?
Which of the following violations can you pull someone over for and then let them go?
A 16-year-old driving at the speed of 93mph in a 45mph zone
Section 1342 states that a disabled veterans plate can only be placed on a vehicle of not more than?
If a person is cited for failure to carry a driver's license, how many days does a person have to produce the license to avoid the fine?
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Texas Traffic Code
Texas Traffic Code
PA Act 120 Exam #7 (Vehicle Code)
Texas Traffic Code
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Motor Vehicle Code
Motor Vehicle Code