1. hemorrhaging shock - rapid ↓ blood volume
2. leads to a + feedback cycle that can cause death
3. results from trauma, aneurysms, internal GI tract bleeding, and rupture of ectopic pregnancy
4. causes vasoconstriction in skin, muscles, kidneys, and liver; lactic acid buildup
5. Symptoms: anxiety, cyanosis, low or no urine output, profuse sweating, shallow breathing, dizziness, chest pain, confusion, loss of consciousness, tachycardia, and weak pulse.
6. treatment is aimed at replenishing fluids such as blood transfusion and medications to promote pumping