5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Metallic salts leave a coating on the hair that may cause what three things?
- Course hair
- Double flat wrap
- a Use two end papers. Place one under and one over the strand of hair being wrapped. Both papers extend past the hair ends.
- b The hair's ability to absorb moisture
- c Rebuilds disulfide bonds by removing the extra hydrogen atoms.
- d 1. Uneven curls
2. Severe discoloration
3. Hair breakage
- e usually more resistant to processing
5 Multiple choice questions
- Create an exothermic chemical reaction that heats up the solution and speeds up the processing
- Raising the pH of the hair to an alkaline state in order to soften and swell the hair shaft. This action lifts the cuticle and allows the solution to reach the cortex and restructure the hair.
- Crosslinked polypeptide chains
- Base sections
- The acidity and alkalinity of a substance
5 True/False questions
Texture services can be used to add... → a. Permanent waving
c. curl re-forming
Reducing agent used in permanent waving solutions → Softens and swells the hair, raising the cuticle, permitting solution to penetrate cortex
Rinse perm solution → Breaks disulfide bonds by adding hydrogen atoms to the sulfur atoms.
Ammonia-free waves → Use an ingredient other than ATG as the primary reducing agent
Cuticle → The middle layer of the hair; responsible for the strength and elasticity of the hair.