5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- John Tetzel
- Ignatius Loyola and the spiritual excersises
- The Praise of Folly
- Reformation in England
- a Henry VIII: was King of England from 21 April 1509 until his death. He was also Lord of Ireland and claimant to the Kingdom of France. Henry was the second monarch of the House of Tudor, succeeding his father, Henry VII.
- b hawked the indulgences in Germany with the slogan " as soon as the coin in the coffer rings, the soul from purgatory springs."
- c Is a male religious order of the Catholic Church, with the post-nominal initials "C.R."
- d was a Spanish knight from a Basque noble family, hermit, priest since 1537, and theologian, who founded the Society of Jesus and was its first Superior General Ignatius emerged as a religious leader during the Counter-Reformation
- e erasmus' most famous book; ridiculed ignorance, superstition, and vice among christians.
5 Multiple choice questions
- became King of England and Ireland on 28 January 1547 and was crowned on 20 February at the age of nine.] The son of Henry VIII and Jane Seymour, Edward was the third monarch of the Tudor dynasty and England's first ruler who was raised as a Protestant.
- Luther debated with Johann Eck, a Catholic theologian. This debate made Luther see the consequences of his new theology.
- was Queen of England from 1533 to 1536 as the second wife of Henry VIII of England and 1st Marquess of Pembroke in her own right for herself and her descendants
- was the 16th-century Ecumenical Council of the Roman Catholic Church. It is considered to be one of the Church's most important councils. It convened in between December 13, 1545, and December 4, 1563 in twenty-five sessions for three periods
- was an influential French theologian and pastor during the Protestant Reformation. He was a principal figure in the development of the system of Christian theology later called Calvinism. Originally trained as a humanist lawyer, he broke from the Roman Catholic Church around 1530
5 True/False questions
Act of Supremacy → 1527. the protestant reformation has been going on for 10 years. The holy roman empire is annoyed by Clemonth and Charles the 5th has soldiers from germany and spain that haven't been paid in awhile. He allows those soldiers go into Rome. This allowed a lot of pressure on the pope. Pressure to the Pope from Charles to refuse Henry's divorce.
Pope Paul III → Raised to be a church official, in 1517 issued a jubilee indulgence to finance an ongoing construction of Saint Peters Basilica in Rome.
Index of Forbidden Books → 1527. the protestant reformation has been going on for 10 years. The holy roman empire is annoyed by Clemonth and Charles the 5th has soldiers from germany and spain that haven't been paid in awhile. He allows those soldiers go into Rome. This allowed a lot of pressure on the pope. Pressure to the Pope from Charles to refuse Henry's divorce.
Oratory o Dvine Love/Oratorins → is a Catholic brotherhood formed in 1497 by an man called Ettore Vernazza. It was first set up in Genoa, Italy but soon spread across the country. It main aims were to help the country from disease and poverty and spread the word of God.
Cardinal Wolsey → was a powerful English statesman and a Cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church. Born in humble circumstances, he was introduced to the court of King Henry VII, who recognized his abilities and appointed him Royal Chaplain