5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Phillip Melancthon
- Catherneof Aragon
- Roman Inquisition
- a is an order of friars in the Catholic Church, among the chief offshoots of the Franciscans. The worldwide head of the Capuchins, called a minister general, is currently Father Mauro Jöhri
- b are a Roman Catholic religious order founded at Brescia, Italy, by Saint Angela de Merici in November 1535, primarily for the education of girls and the care of the sick and needy. Their patron saint is Saint Ursula.
- c went to Wittenberg to teach Greek and Hebrew at 21 and was attracted to the ideas of Luther and become a staunch supporter.
- d was Queen of England as the first wife of King Henry VIII of England and Princess of Wales as the wife to Arthur, Prince of Wales
- e was a system of tribunals developed by the Holy See during the second half of the 16th century, responsible for prosecuting individuals accused of a wide array of crimes related to heresy, including sorcery, immorality, blasphemy, Judaizing and witchcraft, as well for censorship of printed literature
5 Multiple choice questions
- is a list of books which all Roman Catholics were prohibited from reading or even owning except under special circumstances and with ecclesiastical permission. This was a very serious prohibition because those Catholics who violated it could be punished with excommunication
- was a prominent Spanish mystic, Roman Catholic saint, Carmelite nun, and writer of the Counter Reformation, and theologian of contemplative life through mental prayer. She was a reformer of the Carmelite Order and is considered to be, along with John of the Cross, a founder of the Discalced Carmelites
- goal was to reform Christianity. They focused on classical writings and the sources of Christianity. They found a more simple religion compared to how it changed by theological arguments in the Middle Ages. The humanists set up reform programs to teach classical Christianity to instill a true inner religious feeling that would promote reform in the church and society. They supported schools, made new editions of the classics, and made new editions of the bible and religious writings made by religious fathers.
- Is a male religious order of the Catholic Church, with the post-nominal initials "C.R."
- the son of a London lawyer. He received a good education. He was trained in law but became proficient in Latin and Greek. He became Lord Chancellor of England. He became close friends with Erasmus. He made Greek translations and wrote poetry in Latin. He spent many hours praying
5 True/False questions
Society of Jesus/ Jesuits → is a religious order of men called Jesuits, who follow the teachings of the Catholic Church. Jesuit priests and brothers also sometimes known colloquially as "God's marines" are engaged in evangelization and apostolic ministry in 112 nations on six continents reflecting the Formula of the Institute of the Society
John Calvn &the institutes o Chistian reigion → was an influential French theologian and pastor during the Protestant Reformation. He was a principal figure in the development of the system of Christian theology later called Calvinism. Originally trained as a humanist lawyer, he broke from the Roman Catholic Church around 1530
Pope Leo X → Raised to be a church official, in 1517 issued a jubilee indulgence to finance an ongoing construction of Saint Peters Basilica in Rome.
Peasants War/Revolt → was a prominent Spanish mystic, Roman Catholic saint, Carmelite nun, and writer of the Counter Reformation, and theologian of contemplative life through mental prayer. She was a reformer of the Carmelite Order and is considered to be, along with John of the Cross, a founder of the Discalced Carmelites
Sack of Rome → 1527. the protestant reformation has been going on for 10 years. The holy roman empire is annoyed by Clemonth and Charles the 5th has soldiers from germany and spain that haven't been paid in awhile. He allows those soldiers go into Rome. This allowed a lot of pressure on the pope. Pressure to the Pope from Charles to refuse Henry's divorce.