5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- deposit of faith
- mystery (Greek)
- a sacred scripture + sacred Tradition
- b made by Jesus and passed on his teachings
- c secret
- d clear articulation of specific information; requires submission to ideas. We accept what we cannot prove. (Nicene Creed)
- e prayerfully consider and make a choice as to how to incorporate that in your life
ex: justifiable war
5 Multiple choice questions
- ongoing, unpacking the mysteries of God
- an organized group which adopts behavior to control individual beliefs.
• headed by ONE charismatic leader.
• Beliefs: negative, extreme, false
• Live in an unconventional manner
- mind: conscious, process of faith
heart: subconscious, sense of God, joy/sadness
soul: sanctuary; divine and human came together and we know that God calls and we answer.
- *Faith of your parents
*All needs taken care of
*Selfish faith - my needs met in prayer
*God can fix anything
*Behavior is regulated from the outside - in
*Parents teach the child and then they learn to regulate themselves
*Faith by birth
*Culture influences beliefs
*Develop responsibility (progresses with time)
holy: "of God"
apostolic: started by Jesus and passed to his apostles
5 True/False questions
What happens in the mature adult stage? → risks:
1. risks i can afford to take
2. risks i cant afford to take
3. risks i must take
4. risks i cant afford not to take
infallable statements → the Church, in its wisdom, is not wrong in matters of faith. (may not be questioned) 2: Vatican I "Mary ever virgin" & Pope Pius XII "Mary was assumed into heaven body and soul"
faith results in.... → ongoing, unpacking the mysteries of God
Dogma → affirms exsistence of an impersonal god
Atheist → denies existence of god