5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- young old
- psychological processes
- 5 ways to shorten life
- Biological processes
- a overweight, drinking and driving, not enough fruits and veggies, physically inactive, smoking
- b involve cognitive, personality and emotions
- c changes within the body associated with time that alter structure and function.
- d 65-74
- e self representations in biological, psychological and social domains.
5 Multiple choice questions
- unpredictable events in life of individual (loss job, lose child)
- psychologist focuses on normative age graded influences, history graded and nonnormative influences.
- aka successful aging. concept that individuals have avoided changes that would occur with age through prevantative measures
- reflect environment or context. indv position within social sturcture.
- differences within the individual
5 True/False questions
normative age graded influences → certain experiences that culture and history attach to certain ages
ethnicity → cultural background. values attitudes in which indv, was raised
social age → changes in societies, ppl change as a result of historical change
4 principles of adulthood → continuity
for people to get older they cant die
as people get older they become more different from one another
normal development different from disease
interindividual differences → people become more different from each other with age