5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 4 principles of adulthood
- normal aging or primary aging
- interindividual differences
- young old
- psychological age
- a continuity
for people to get older they cant die
as people get older they become more different from one another
normal development different from disease
- b occurs in all individuals at different rates. universal
- c quality of functioning on intelligence, memory and learning ability
- d people become more different from each other with age
- e 65-74
5 Multiple choice questions
- overweight, drinking and driving, not enough fruits and veggies, physically inactive, smoking
- changes that occur because of disease not in all individuals
- aka successful aging. concept that individuals have avoided changes that would occur with age through prevantative measures
- changes in societies, ppl change as a result of historical change
- differences within the individual
5 True/False questions
baby boomers → born between 1945-1964.
Biological processes → changes within the body associated with time that alter structure and function.
paul bates → psychologist focuses on normative age graded influences, history graded and nonnormative influences.
identity → cultural background. values attitudes in which indv, was raised
social age → age based on occupying certain social roles.