6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Free thinking Thomas Jefferson and his co-reformers, including the babptists won a complete victory in the passage of The Virginia Statue for Religious Freedom. Helped maintain religious tolerance and a seperation between church and state.
- demanded that the congress call to meet in philadephia for the sole purpose of revising the Articles of Confedration. He was also present at the meeting and held a 5 hour long lecture of the necessity of a super powerful central government.
- The father of the constitution. The was a profound student of governement, who at age thirty-six so effected the formation of the constitution eventually became the father of the constitution.
- the method in which the president is indirectly elected. The states wiht the larger populatiosn have the advantage within the first popular vote, if candiate is chosen then the small states would gain a larger voice where the election is thrown to the house of representatives who in this case only can have one vote per state.
- "the large-state plane". its essence was that representation in both houses of Congress should be based on population-an arrangement that would naturally give the larger states the adavantage
- "small-state plan". This provided for equal representation within a unicameral congress by states, regardless of size an dpopulation, as under the existing Articles of Confederation.
6 True/False questions
Northwest Ordinance of 1787 → Set transitional movements from colony to statehood. The ordinance demanded that the colony must hold 60,000 inhabitants before becoming a state. No new colonies were permitted to have slaves either. The congress maintained federal rule over the colony until it became a state.
Federalists → people who believed dominant states rights over federal rights would lead to an inable and unproductive governement and believed a strong central government ultimately was the bestr thing for the nation.
Republican of Motherhood. → The concept in which mothers teach thier children the ideas behind civic virtue, its importantce and how to apply it in a everyday life. As education opportunities widened for women the expectations of raising thier children became higher.
Land Ordinance of 1785 → it provided the acreage of the Old Northwest to be sold and that the proceeds be used to payoff national debt. Broke the land down into 36 plots each a square mile, and every 16th plot was set aside to support public school within the Northwest.
Society of Cinncinati → the often ridiculed group of continental army officers who formed a an exclusive hereditary order. The group was founded due to the spead of the idea of social equality and break down of aristocratic society within america.
Anti-federalists → people who believed dominant states rights over federal rights would lead to an inable and unproductive governement and believed a strong central government ultimately was the bestr thing for the nation.