5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Specialized cells
- A system of membranous tubules and sacs in eukaryotic cells that functions as a path along which molecules move from one part of the cell to another
- Animal cell
- Cell membrane
- a A system of membranes in eukaryotic cells that that modifies proteins for export by the cell.
- b Fluid filled organelles that store enzymes or metabolic wastes in a plant cell.
- c A eukaryotic cell which lacks a cell wall, chloroplasts, and large water vacuole (heterotrophic).
- d The phospholipid bilayer that forms the outer boundary of the cell.
- e Cells that have adapted to perform a specific function.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A nonliving infectious particle composed of a nucleic acid and a protein coat.
- The process of breaking chemical bonds, forming new bonds, or both.
- A cell that contains a nucleus and membrane-bound organelles (examples: animal, plant, fungi, protist).
- A plant cell organelle (plastid) that contains chlorophyll; the site of photosynthesis.
- A rigid structure that surrounds the cell membrane of plants, fungi, many protists, and most bacteria (made of cellulose in plant cells).
5 True/False questions
Prokaryotic cells → A cell that contains a nucleus and membrane-bound organelles (examples: animal, plant, fungi, protist).
Mitochondria → Short hair-like organelles that extend out from a cell and functions in locomotion or in the movement of substances across the cell surface.
Cytoplasm → The region of the cell between the cell membrane and the nucleus. It consists of organelles and cytosol.
Flagella → A eukaryotic cell which has a cell wall, chloroplasts, and a large water vacuole (autotrophic).
Plant cell → A eukaryotic cell which has a cell wall, chloroplasts, and a large water vacuole (autotrophic).