5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Chemical reaction
- Plant cell
- Cell membrane
- a The organelle that is the site of aerobic respiration in eukaryotic cells.
- b A eukaryotic cell which has a cell wall, chloroplasts, and a large water vacuole (autotrophic).
- c The phospholipid bilayer that forms the outer boundary of the cell.
- d The process of breaking chemical bonds, forming new bonds, or both.
- e Organelles that function in the synthesis of proteins (the "workbench" where upon proteins are built).
5 Multiple choice questions
- A rigid structure that surrounds the cell membrane of plants, fungi, many protists, and most bacteria (made of cellulose in plant cells).
- An organelle containing digestive enzymes, existing primarily in animal cells.
- Chemical reactions that take place in living organisms (Cellular Respiration, Photosynthesis, etc).
- A network of long protein strands in the cytosol that helps maintain the shape and size of a eukaryotic cell.
- A eukaryotic cell which lacks a cell wall, chloroplasts, and large water vacuole (heterotrophic).
5 True/False questions
A system of membranous tubules and sacs in eukaryotic cells that functions as a path along which molecules move from one part of the cell to another → A system of membranes in eukaryotic cells that that modifies proteins for export by the cell.
Vacuoles → The organelle in eukaryotic cells that contains most of the DNA and directs most of the cell's activities.
Virus → A nonliving infectious particle composed of a nucleic acid and a protein coat.
Specialized cells → Cells that lack a nucleus and membrane-bound organelles (example: bacteria).
Eukaryotic cell → Cells that lack a nucleus and membrane-bound organelles (example: bacteria).