5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Animal cell
- Chemical reaction
- A system of membranous tubules and sacs in eukaryotic cells that functions as a path along which molecules move from one part of the cell to another
- Selectively permeable
- a A eukaryotic cell which lacks a cell wall, chloroplasts, and large water vacuole (heterotrophic).
- b A system of membranes in eukaryotic cells that that modifies proteins for export by the cell.
- c The process of breaking chemical bonds, forming new bonds, or both.
- d The organelle that is the site of aerobic respiration in eukaryotic cells.
- e A membrane that keeps out some molecules but allows others to pass through.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The region of the cell between the cell membrane and the nucleus. It consists of organelles and cytosol.
- Cells that lack a nucleus and membrane-bound organelles (example: bacteria).
- The organelle in eukaryotic cells that contains most of the DNA and directs most of the cell's activities.
- Cells that have adapted to perform a specific function.
- A plant cell organelle (plastid) that contains chlorophyll; the site of photosynthesis.
5 True/False questions
Flagella → A hair-like structure made up of microtubules that function in locomotion.
Cell membrane → The phospholipid bilayer that forms the outer boundary of the cell.
Lysosomes → An organelle containing digestive enzymes, existing primarily in animal cells.
Biochemical reactions → Chemical reactions that take place in living organisms (Cellular Respiration, Photosynthesis, etc).
Plant cell → A eukaryotic cell which lacks a cell wall, chloroplasts, and large water vacuole (heterotrophic).