5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Chemical reaction
- Selectively permeable
- a The process of breaking chemical bonds, forming new bonds, or both.
- b A membrane that keeps out some molecules but allows others to pass through.
- c A nonliving infectious particle composed of a nucleic acid and a protein coat.
- d A hair-like structure made up of microtubules that function in locomotion.
- e Organelles that function in the synthesis of proteins (the "workbench" where upon proteins are built).
5 Multiple choice questions
- Cells that have adapted to perform a specific function.
- A plant cell organelle (plastid) that contains chlorophyll; the site of photosynthesis.
- A eukaryotic cell which lacks a cell wall, chloroplasts, and large water vacuole (heterotrophic).
- An organelle containing digestive enzymes, existing primarily in animal cells.
- A eukaryotic cell which has a cell wall, chloroplasts, and a large water vacuole (autotrophic).
5 True/False questions
Mitochondria → The organelle that is the site of aerobic respiration in eukaryotic cells.
Eukaryotic cell → A cell that contains a nucleus and membrane-bound organelles (examples: animal, plant, fungi, protist).
Cell wall → A rigid structure that surrounds the cell membrane of plants, fungi, many protists, and most bacteria (made of cellulose in plant cells).
Cell membrane → A rigid structure that surrounds the cell membrane of plants, fungi, many protists, and most bacteria (made of cellulose in plant cells).
Cytoplasm → The region of the cell between the cell membrane and the nucleus. It consists of organelles and cytosol.