5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Chemical reaction
- Endoplasmic reticulum
- Biochemical reactions
- a A network of long protein strands in the cytosol that helps maintain the shape and size of a eukaryotic cell.
- b A system of membranous tubules and sacs in eukaryotic cells that functions as a path along which molecules move from one part of the cell to another
- c A nonliving infectious particle composed of a nucleic acid and a protein coat.
- d Chemical reactions that take place in living organisms (Cellular Respiration, Photosynthesis, etc).
- e The process of breaking chemical bonds, forming new bonds, or both.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A eukaryotic cell which has a cell wall, chloroplasts, and a large water vacuole (autotrophic).
- The phospholipid bilayer that forms the outer boundary of the cell.
- A eukaryotic cell which lacks a cell wall, chloroplasts, and large water vacuole (heterotrophic).
- A system of membranes in eukaryotic cells that that modifies proteins for export by the cell.
- A membrane that keeps out some molecules but allows others to pass through.
5 True/False questions
Chloroplasts → A plant cell organelle (plastid) that contains chlorophyll; the site of photosynthesis.
Cytoplasm → The region of the cell between the cell membrane and the nucleus. It consists of organelles and cytosol.
Mitochondria → The organelle that is the site of aerobic respiration in eukaryotic cells.
Cilia → A nonliving infectious particle composed of a nucleic acid and a protein coat.
Prokaryotic cells → A cell that contains a nucleus and membrane-bound organelles (examples: animal, plant, fungi, protist).