1. .. fulfill practical needs of modern life
2. ..express the spirit of OUR times
3. ..benefit by contemporary advances in the fine arts and pure sciences
4. ..take advantage of new materials and techniques and develop familiar ones
5. ..develop the forms, textures and colors that spring from the direct fulfillment of requirements in appropriate materials and techniques
6. ..express the purpose of an object, never making it seem to be what it's not
7. ..express the qualities and beauties of the materials used, never making the materials seem to be what they aren't
8. ..express the methods used to make an object, not disguising mass production as handicraft or simulation a technique not used
9. ..should blend the expression of utility, materials and process into a visually satisfactory whole.
10. ..should be simple, its structure evident in its appearance, avoiding extraneous enrichment.
11. ..should master the machine for the service of men.
12. ..should serve as wide a public as possible, considering modest needs and limited costs no less challenging than the requirements of pomp and luxury.