5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Miranda Warnings (3) (5th)
- Criminal Law
- 1st amendment (establishment)
- Equal Protection (DP)
- a Can't favor one religion over another. No nativity scene on gov property. No group prayer in public school.
- b 1. Right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.
2. You have the right to speak to an attorney, and to have an attorney present during any questioning.
3. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be provided for you at government expense.
-Come into play when you are subject to a custodial interrogation.
- c Wrong against society where the state has control whether or not the case moves forward (not the victim)
- d No citizen shall be treated unequally w/in their jurisdiction
- e The non factual publication of false information that defames and hurts someone
5 Multiple choice questions
- The indictment for a Misdemeanor
- Must be activity between states. Fed gov can regulate all business activity... doesn't do much anymore. (Great depression had lack of fed regulation.)
- Very little protection offered to businesses. Only sole proprietorships are protected.
- Has most protection. Ppl can burn American flag due to beliefs.
- Tax must not be so high that an undue burden is created. Must tax in and out of state the same. (Limited by commerce clause)
5 True/False questions
Double Jeopardy (5th) → Can't be charged again in the same court (even for a lesser crime) even if new evidence is found. Doesn't pertain to civil (can be tried there)... not sure if there is a limit on amount of times though...
Impeachment → Material is considered obscene when applying contemporary community standards, the work appeals to a prurient interest in sex (portrays sexual conduct)
14th (Procedural) 3 things... (DP) → Government must use fair procedures... 1. must give ppl notice
2. must give opportunity to be heard
3. Must be decided by an IMPARTIAL TRIBUNAL (unbiased 3rd party w/ no vested interest)
Dual Regulation (Conflict) → 1. Federal Pre-emption: Precludes the state from creating any legislation (state laws invalid)
2. Federal Reg. w/ no pre-emption- If state fails any of 3 factors it is unconstitutional
Businesses' and jobs expectations to privacy → Creates consistency from similar crimes