5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Obstruction of Justice (Specific Crimes)
- Supremacy Clause
- Actual Malice
- Bankruptcy Crimes (Specific Crimes)
- a The non factual publication of false information that defames and hurts someone
- b You hinder an investigation. Ex. Hiding murder weapon; providing false info, hiding documents or info, or intimidating witnesses; you ask the judge (who is ur friend) to do a favor for a friend who has been charged.
- c Federal Government is in control over the state etc
- d You can file for bankruptcy and start over. Is against law to give away ur assets or lie about value of ur assets and must update court bout financial info and creditor cannot falsify how much money is owed
- e Needed to establish Libel. It is knowing you were lying or had didn't care to find the truth
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1. Federal Pre-emption: Precludes the state from creating any legislation (state laws invalid)
2. Federal Reg. w/ no pre-emption- If state fails any of 3 factors it is unconstitutional
- Creates consistency from similar crimes
- Has most protection. Ppl can burn American flag due to beliefs.
- If you get hurt at work due to unsafe conditions, company will be sued criminally (can be sued civilly)...... NEW CRIME**....
- Intent to engage in criminal behavior
5 True/False questions
Equal Protection (DP) Minimum Rationality → Laws that treat ppl differently based on economic, or social status are presumed to be constitutional. Must be related to a permissible state objective. (TAX CODE is an example)
Miranda Warnings (3) (5th) → 1. Right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.
2. You have the right to speak to an attorney, and to have an attorney present during any questioning.
3. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be provided for you at government expense.
-Come into play when you are subject to a custodial interrogation.
Fifth Amendment → Prevents gov from making you incrimenate yourself.
Fourth amendment → Prevents gov from making you incrimenate yourself.
Fourteenth Amendment → Must be government action