5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Miller Test
- Sixth Amendment
- Purpose of sentencing guidlines
- ***Commerce Clause (Limitation) (State Police Power)
- a You are entitled to a trial by jury if there is possible jail time
- b Material is considered obscene when applying contemporary community standards, the work appeals to a prurient interest in sex (portrays sexual conduct)
- c When Congress simplifies law across the nation (Seatbelts). States must follow law.
- d Creates consistency from similar crimes
- e State Police Power: State has the responsibility of providing for the safety and well-being of citizens so they are able to regulate business activity as well
5 Multiple choice questions
- Can't favor one religion over another. No nativity scene on gov property. No group prayer in public school.
- Ability to regulate business activity.
- Unreasonable search and seizure
- Entirely in the state, (In reality does not work this way due to how the courts interpret the commerce clause)
- An appropriate portion that shows what portion of the business activity is attributable to the state (Can't tax all business activity income, Can't discriminate taxes in favor of in-state businesses, and can't create undue burden w/ taxes)
5 True/False questions
Defamation → Hurting someones character or reputation. must be communicated to a third person. Victim must suffer personal losses.
In criminal cases who is always plaintiff → You committed the criminal act
3 Factors for Fed reg w/ no pre-emption → The indictment for a Misdemeanor
Obscene * → No protection, But still has doctrine of prior restraint.
Fifth Amendment → You are entitled to a trial by jury if there is possible jail time