5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Homo sapiens sapiens
- "out-of-Africa" theory
- a The theory that Homo sapiens sapiens appeared in Arica between 150,000 and 200,000 years ago and that they probably spread out of Africa to other parts of the world about 100,000 years ago, replacing populations of earlier honinids in Europe and Asia.
- b kings or queens who rule a kingdom
- c the period of time before writing was invented
- d wise, wise humans
- e one of the first Neolithic villages (located in modern day Turkey) that existed between 6700 B.C. and 5700 B.C. and had about 6,000 inhabitants
5 Multiple choice questions
- skilled workers that made goods for trade with neighboring people
- an important and powerful person who supervised rituals aimed at pleasing the gods and goddesses
- "southern ape", or better known as "Lucy"
- The revolution that occurred in the Neolithic Age, the period of human history from 8000 to 4000 B.C.
- a complex culture in which large numbers of human beings share a number of common elements
5 True/False questions
Bronze Age → a period of time form 3000 B.C. to 1200 B.C., during which people began using bronze, rather than copper or stone, to fashion tools and weapons
Iron Age → A period of time following the Bronze age in which tools and weapons were made out of iron, about 1000 B.C.
Anthropology → the study of human life and culture
Fossils → rocklife remains of biological organisms
Artifacts → skilled workers that made goods for trade with neighboring people