5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Homo sapiens sapiens
- a kings or queens who rule a kingdom
- b an important and powerful person who supervised rituals aimed at pleasing the gods and goddesses
- c the study of human life and culture
- d wise, wise humans
- e the period of time before writing was invented
5 Multiple choice questions
- one of the first Neolithic villages (located in modern day Turkey) that existed between 6700 B.C. and 5700 B.C. and had about 6,000 inhabitants
- objects made by humans
- The theory that Homo sapiens sapiens appeared in Arica between 150,000 and 200,000 years ago and that they probably spread out of Africa to other parts of the world about 100,000 years ago, replacing populations of earlier honinids in Europe and Asia.
- a period of time form 3000 B.C. to 1200 B.C., during which people began using bronze, rather than copper or stone, to fashion tools and weapons
- where Louis and Mary Leaky found the oldest remains of humans. The nickname of the "human" was "Lucy"
5 True/False questions
Paleolithic Age → Used to designate the early period of human history (approximately 2,500,000 B.C. to 10,000 B.C.) in which humans used simple stone tools. Means "old stone"
Civilization → a complex culture in which large numbers of human beings share a number of common elements
Neolithic Revolution → The revolution that occurred in the Neolithic Age, the period of human history from 8000 to 4000 B.C.
Mesoamericans → inhabitants of present-day Mexico and Central America
Archaeology → the study of past societies based on what people left behind