5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Bob Woodward
- Sirhan Sirhan
- Robert Kennedy
- Mao Tse-Tung
- Carl Bernstein
- a He was a Democrat who ran for president in 1968 promoting civil rights and other equality based ideals. He was ultimately assassinated in 1968, leaving Nixon to take the presidency but instilling hope in many Americans.
- b Assassinated Robert Kennedy on June 6, 1968 in Chicago after hearing pro-Israeli remarks in his victory statement after having won the California primaries.
- c Washington Post reporter who dug up Watergate (Bob Woodward's co-worker)
- d Chinese Communist Leader., (1893-1976) Leader of the Communist Party in China that overthrew Jiang Jieshi and the Nationalists. Established China as the People's Republic of China and ruled from 1949 until 1976.
- e one of the two investigative reporter for Washington Post helped uncover the Watergate scandal that led to U.S. President Richard Nixon's resignation
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1960; Democrat President; Cold War: Bay of Pigs, Cuban Missile Crisis; established the Peace Corps, domestic program called the "New Frontier," promoted civil rights, major supporter of the space program; assassintated by Lee Harvey Oswald in 1963
- Hired by unidentified people to assassinate Martin Luther King, Jr. He shot and killed King on the balcony of his hotel in Memphis, Tennessee on April 4, 1968. He was captured two months later in London and sentenced 99 years in jail.
- 33rd President of the United States. Led the U.S. to victory in WWII making the ultimate decision to use atomic weapons for the first time. Shaped U.S. foreign policy regarding the Soviet Union after the war., Became president when FDR died; gave the order to drop the atomic bomb
- 1st man in space. Soviet cosmonaut who in 1961 was the first person to travel in space (1934-1968)
- 34th U.S. President. 1953-1961. Republican United States general who supervised the invasion of Normandy, Casablanca and the defeat of Nazi Germany,
5 True/False questions
John Glenn → Scape goat in water scandal, Testified against Nixon as well as other cabinet members in the Watergate hearings. Helped lead to the removal of several White House officials and the resignation of Nixon, Presidential advisor to Nixon from 1970 to 1973, told the first big evidence against Pres. Nixon
John Dean → Scape goat in water scandal, Testified against Nixon as well as other cabinet members in the Watergate hearings. Helped lead to the removal of several White House officials and the resignation of Nixon, Presidential advisor to Nixon from 1970 to 1973, told the first big evidence against Pres. Nixon
Neil Armstrong → 1st person to walk on the moon; U.S. Apollo 11; July, 1969; his famous words - "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind."
Joseph McCarthy → Communist dictator of the Soviet Union, Bolshevik revolutionary, head of the Soviet Communists after 1924, and dictator of the Soviet Union from 1928 to 1953. He led the Soviet Union with an iron fist, using Five-Year Plans to increase industrial production and terror to crush opposition
Charles Manson → He was a serial killer/cult leader who murdered many people, including Sharon Tate. He was sentenced the death penalty, but his sentence was changed to life in prison after Furman v. Georgia, brainwashes alot of youg girls, wants to start a race war, whites vs. blacks, so he can create his own society, starting a murder spree in California