5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 2 ways to manage severe ARF?
- wet weight? dry wt?
- sulfites are ___
- specialized pre dialysis EN formulas
- meds for TB
- a nonimmunologic
- b INH (isoniazid), depletes Vit B6, alteres Vit D metabolism (bone issues)
- c suplena with carb steady (lower in protein than nepro bc they aren't on dialysis)
- d wet wt-before dialysis and dry wt-after dialysis
- e continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT--comparable to continuous dialysis) and oral nutrition preferred if possible (EN, PPN, TPN may be necessary)
5 Multiple choice questions
- inflammation of the lungs, usually caused by bacteria, viruses or fungi
- most common autosomal recessive diease in US, abnormal mutation of the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR), exocrine glands and epithelial cells secrete abnormally thick mucus---affects respiratory tract, sweat, salivary, GI tract, pancreas, liver, genitourinary system
- prerenal azotemia, obstructive, intrinsic
- in urinary tract
- pollen allergy combined w/ fresh fruits or veggies leads to pruritis (itch), angioedema (swelling of lips, tongue, palate and throat)
5 True/False questions
tx of nephrolitiasis → treat underlying disease and delay progression, stage I and II--EPO replacement, Vit D supplementation, Stage 5 (ESRD)--renal replacement therapy, nutrition therapy crucial, transplant; post-transplant--immunosuppressants.
cystine stones → RARE--cystinuria is an inherited metabolic disorder that is high levels of cystine in urine
V&M for BPD? → electrolytes, Vit A, K and Chloride, calcium
catheter in abdomen → PD
rejection of post trans pt → corticosteroids increase--need for increased protein and kcal requirements