5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 4 reasons for obstructive ARF?
- dialysate for PD is high in
- #1 cause of death of premature infants
- Tx of CKD?
- a glucose
- b tumor, blood clots, kidney stones, blockage to ureter or neck of the bladder.
- c treat underlying disease and delay progression, stage I and II--EPO replacement, Vit D supplementation, Stage 5 (ESRD)--renal replacement therapy, nutrition therapy crucial, transplant; post-transplant--immunosuppressants.
- d necrotizing endocholitis (gut dies)
- e microbial dietary supplement affecting the intestinal tract that may modify an immune response
5 Multiple choice questions
- give synthetic EPO -->increased hematocrit which increases need for Fe (IV).
- 1-2 years
- rule out allergy
- 2-3 yrs (eggs peanuts milk tree nuts fish)
- 120-130 kcal/kg/day; human milk fortifier + breast milk (130-160 kcal/kg if growth failure or hypermetabolic)
5 True/False questions
protein for dialysis diet--how much do you lose in PD? how much protein should be HBV? → dyspnea, fatigue, early satiety, depression
what does pulmonary disease do to energy requirements → consistently after ingestion, inhalation or touch
what stays during urine formation? → ultrafiltrate
reintroduce foods at what age in order to not restrict unnecessarily → DURATION (onset, duration and intensity) and FOODS
prerenal azotemia? 4 reasons this may happen? → happens before the kidneys. Dehydration, circulatory collapse, fluid losses from GI tract or from extensive wounds such as burns, inadequate renal perfusion.