Create an account
The 5 different ways to be nominated
1. self announcement
4. direct primary
1. printed at public expense
2. list names of all candidates
3. given out only at polls
4. market in secret
When are national elections held
1st Tuesday following 1st Monday in November every even number year
The job of the Federal Election Commission
1. Requires timely disclosure of campaign finance data
2. Place limites on campaign contributions and expenditures
3. Provide public funding for several parts of the Presidential election process
The function of interest groups
1. Stimulate interest in public affairs and allow participation
2. Represent people who share attitudes, not necessarily geography
3. Provide useful and detailed information to government officials
How are interest groups different from PAC's
Interest groups are private and political parties are more public
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together