Upgrade to remove ads
ways to remember attachments and actions.
Terms in this set (10)
1. all muscles in the Anterior Trunk will ___________ the trunk @ the spinal joints
2. all muscles in the Posterior Trunk will___________the trunk @ the spinal joints
1. ANTERIOR; FLEX
2. POSTERIOR; EXTEND
Because almost all muscles in the trunk do not pass dead center down the trunk, but have muscle fibers that are off to one side, all muscles will do___________ of the Trunk @ the spinal joints
1. Because muscles can only pull, not push, when they are running along the trunk with an angle to one side of the trunk, they will all__________ to the __________ side of where they are located.
2. This action is called; ____________
1. LATERALLY FLEX to the SAME SIDE on which they are located
1. Muscles that attach to the pelvis and are in the ANTERIOR TRUNK will pull the pelvis _____ in the_______. (bucket metaphor)
2. This action is called;
1. Anterior pelvis muscles will pull the pelvis UP in the FRONT
2. POSTERIOR PELVIC TILT
1. Muscles that attach to the pelvis and are in the POSTERIOR TRUNK will pull the pelvis______ in the __________. (bucket metaphor)
2. This action is called;
1. Posterior pelvic muscles will pull the pelvis UP in the BACK.
2. ANTERIOR PELVIC TILT
Actions of the PELVIS can happen at either the __________ joint or the ___________ joint
performs actions at the HIP Joint
and at the LUMBOSACRAL joint
1. All muscles that cross the HIP JOINT ANTERIORLY will______ the thigh at the hip joint
2. all muscles that cross the HIP JOINT POSTERIORLY will ______ the thigh at the hip joint
1. all muscles that cross the HIP JOINT _______________ will FLEX THE THIGH at the hip joint.
2. all muscles that cross the HIP JOINT ________________ will EXTEND THE THIGH at the hip joint.
All muscles that run vertically down the LATERAL side of the HIP JOINT will ________ Thigh at the HIP JOINT.
muscles running LATERALLY over the HIP JOINT will ABDUCT the thigh at the hip joint.
All muscles that run VERTICALLY down the MEDIAL side of the HIP JOINT will ________ the thigh at the HIP JOINT
muscles running MEDIALLY over the HIP JOINT will ADDUCT the thigh at the hip joint.
1. Muscles that attach to the PELVIS and are in the ANTERIOR THIGH will pull the pelvis up in the ________.
2. causing the action called;
1. Anterior thigh muscles pull the PELVIS
You might also like...
A&P ch 8-10
ISSA Unit 7 Concepts LOTS
Anatomy Lab: Muscles of the Trunk, Pectoral Girdle…
Other sets by this creator
Shoulder girdle actions, Agonist Muscles. All have…
MT3 January 2014
MT3 chapters 8-12
MT3 chpt 1-7 practical