SDC 350 unit 5 terms
Terms in this set (19)
less is a bore
design considered to be garish, but sometimes appreciated in an ironic or sentimental way
Ieoh Ming Pei
Designs relate to Bauhaus and International Style in its geometry and minimalism, but maintains unique expression.
Steel, glass, stone and concrete.
Late Modern Minimalist.
Revolutionary American postmodern architect.
"great buildings were complicated responses to all kinds of situations, not pieces of abstract sculpture indifferent to their surroundings."
"Father of Postmodernism."
American Postmodern architect.
Did work for Disney.
Complex segmentation and repetition of geometry and pattern.
Late modern High tech
• Designers celebrate technology
• Industrial concepts and building systems as ornament
late modern minimalist
• Designs stripped to their fundamentals
• Simplify and eliminate all non-essentials
Late modern pop modern
• Transitions directly from Pop Art, transforms low art and pop culture into high art *branding
• Youthful, hip, exciting and colorful interiors and furniture
Roofs covered with vegetation and growing medium "Living Roofs"
• Planted over waterproof membrane, drainage challenges
not interested in reforming society, nor accommodating human concerns... designs are personal statements.
Neo Modernism is inspired by this.
Green Design, Sustainable Design, Eco Design.
American Landscape Architect.
American Architect and designer.
designed Thorncrown Chapel.
American architect and watercolorist.
Designed chapel of St. Ignatius.
American Furniture Designer.
Father of Art Furniture Movement.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
16 A2 Graphic Product. Design History
ART 1100 quiz chapter 15 and 16
ARCH 350 EXAM 1 BIEBER
Graphic Design: History of Graphic Design Part 1
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
SDC 350 Unit 5
ID 215 Quiz 6
SDC 350 - Quiz 4 TERMS
SDC 350 - Quiz 4 SLIDE ID