17.3 Section assessment
Terms in this set (18)
1. Concentration Camp
Large prison camps that were set up for people who opposed the new regime.
2. Adolf Hitler
Dictator of Germany and who caused the World War 2.
2. National Socialist German Workers' Party
Nazi party of Germany
2. Mein Kampf
A book written by Adolf Hitler and in other words "My Struggle"
It means living space.
2. Enabling Act
A law that gave the government the power to ignore the constitution.
It is people who spoke Indo-European languages.
2. Heinrich Himmler
Leader of SS (Guard Squadrons).
2. Nuremberg Laws
They are laws that excluded Jews from German citizenship and forbade marriages between Jews and German citizens.
(Night of shattered glass) This activity didn't let the Jews to use all the public transportation, and the public buildings as schools and hospitals.
The capital and largest city of Bavaria in southwestern Germany.
a city of Bavaria in southeastern Germany.
4. Steps Hitler took to become the ruler of Germany.
He became the head of the Nazi party and he said he would help the economy, he blamed the jews for Germanys misfortune so he became really popular. Since he had become so popular, he was appointed chancellor of Germany and they also appointed more nazi party representatives in the government and then eventually he took over the entire government and became Germany's dictator.
5. List of the rights taken from the Jews by the Nazi government.
1. Jews were stripped of citizenship
2. Restrictions were placed on Jews' mobility (couldn't travel)
3. Jews were eventually forbidden to own or operate businesses
6. Mass demonstrations and meetings
Mass demonstrations and meetings call out enthusiasm and excitement that support the Nazi party.
7. Policy and programs and goals for the policy and programs
Enabling act: gave the government the power to ignore the constitution.
Schutzstaffeln (Guard Squadrons): use terror and ideology to people.
Concentration camps: to make people to follow the new regime.
8. Compare and contrast the two photos
The photos of page of 549 and 551 they both are followers of Hitler and the different are the page of 549 is nazi party member and page of 551 is younger followers.