5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- NCI (noun clause identifier)
- LINKING VERB
- ACTION VERB
- INFINITIVE (verbal)
- SUBORDINATING CONJUNCTION
- a a CONJUNCTION or PRONOUN that starts a noun dependent clause (that, who, whether, why, etc)
- b a verb that does not show action and links the subject with the complement of a sentence (is, are, was, were, have, has, etc.)
- c expresses physical or mental activity
- d a CONJUNCTION that starts an adverb dependent clause (because, if, since, when, although, etc.)
- e To + verb, used as a noun, adjective, or adverb
5 Multiple choice questions
- refers to the person speaking [I, me, my, mine, we, us, our, ours]
- a CONJUNCTION that joins words, phrases, and clauses.
FANBOYS= for, and, nor, but, or, yet, so
- a pronoun that can function as the direct object, indirect object or object of the preposition, participle, gerund, or infinitive. Cannot serve as the subject of a sentence; cannot show ownership.
- names a SPECIFIC person, place, thing, or idea. It is always capitalized.
- an adjective formed from a proper noun. It begins with a capital letter. Ex: America (N). . .American (Adj)
5 True/False questions
HELPING VERB → accompanies an action verb or linking verb to form a verb phrase (is, are, was, were, have, has, etc.)
3RD PERSON PRONOUN → refers to the person spoken to [you, your, yours]
NOUN → Takes the place of a noun.
2ND PERSON PRONOUN → refers to the person spoken to [you, your, yours]
PREPOSITION → Takes the place of a noun.