Wordly Wise 3000 Level 5, Lesson 18
Terms in this set (15)
(adj) 1. To become dried out; to lose freshness.
2. Full of energy; lively.
(v) 1. To be disloyal to.
2. To show; to reveal.
(v) To make someone feel sure or certain; to persuade.
(v) 1. To slope or pass to a lower level.
2. To refuse to accept.
3. To become less or weaker.
(n) 1. A change to a smaller amount or lower level.
2. A loss of strength or power.
(adj) Very funny.
(n) The state of being similar; something that is similar.
(adj) Poor in quality or insufficient in amount.
(n) 1. Harm or damage.
2. Behavior that causes harm or trouble.
3. Playfulness; harmless amusement.
(adj) Playful in a naughty way.
(v) 1. To arrange by talking over.
2. To travel successfully along or over.
(adj) No longer sold or in wide use because it is out-of-date.
(v) 1. To hold onto; to keep possession of.
2. To hire the services of.
(n) 1. A feeling that comes from stimulation of the senses.
2. A feeling of great interest or excitement or the cause of such a feeling.
(adj) 1. Causing great curiosity and interest.
2. Very great or excellent.
(adj) 1. Dark; gloomy.
2. Sad; serious.
(adj) Coming later; following.
(v) To promise seriously.
(n) A pledge; a promise.