1) Was first legalized in the US by the commonwealth of Massachusetts in 2004
2) Now legalized in Vermont, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Iowa, New Hampshire
3) California rejected its legality in 2008 (prop 8)
-Other US states are considering the similar legislation.
4) Around the world, gay marriage is considered legal in seven countries.
-Canada, Belgium, Norway, Spain, the Netherlands, Sweden, and South Africa.
5) As of 2009, 485,000 adults in the US lived with a same sex partner
6) 1.6% of same sex partners involves people of two or more races.
7) SF, Seattle, Portland are the cities with the highest same-sex partnerships.
8) 34% of lesbian couples and 22% of gay male couples who lived together have children.
9) There is a greater sharing of household tasks among lesbian and gay couples.