Upgrade to remove ads
Terms in this set (23)
1. To excite and often trouble the mind or feelings.
2. To discuss excitedly and earnestly
3. To stir up public discussion.
1. Simultaneous attraction toward and repulsion from an object, person, or action.
2. Uncertainty as to which approach to follow.
1. Something produced by a cause or necessarily following from a set of conditions.
2. A conclusion that results from reason or argument.
1. Folded in curved or tortuous windings.
1. To indicate by lines drawn in the form or figure of.
2. To describe in usually sharp or vivid detail.
In a formal manner.
A peculiarity of constitution, character, or temperament.
To sooth or mollify especially by concessions.
To go before.
1. to bring about especially abruptly.
2. A product, result, or outcome of some process or action.
Damages awarded in excess of normal compensation to the plaintiff to punish a defendant for a serious wrong.
That which is real.
A thought or idea based on scanty evidence.
You might also like...
Merriam-Webster's Vocabulary Builder: Unit 1
Twelve Angry Men Vocab
Other sets by this creator
Other Quizlet sets
Lab Practical Final
Psat Vocab 2 Sentences
Convention and Constitution
physics part 4