5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Thomas Gage
- Currency Act
- George Washington
- Board of Trade
- a The British general who was in command of Boston after the Boston Tea Party, who went after the stockpiled weapons at Concord.
- b Killed French leader on a trip to the Ohio River valley to secure the land of Virginians who had purchased it. Fort Necessity. Blamed for the defeat of the militia.
- c prohibited colonies from issuing paper money, destabilized colonial economy
- d British overseer of all matters pertaining to colonial trade and laws
- e The name of John Hancock's ship
5 Multiple choice questions
- an economic system (Europe in 18th C) to increase a nation's wealth by government regulation of all of the nation's commercial interests
- No settling west of the Appelacian Mountains
- Member of a militia during the American Revolution who could be ready to fight in sixty seconds
- Nicknamed "King of the Smugglers" ; He was a wealthy Massachusetts merchant in 1776 who was important in persuading the American colonies to declare their independence from England. President of the continental congress.
- an act passed by the British parliament in 1756 that raised revenue from the American colonies by a duty in the form of a stamp required on all newspapers and legal or commercial documents
5 True/False questions
James Wolfe → English general, led troops up steep cliff to capture Quebec which marked the beginning of the end of the French/Indian War
Jeffery Amherst → These were vigilante groups active in the 1760s and 1770s in the western parts of North and South Carolina. They violently protested high taxes and insufficient representation in the colonial legislature.
Louisburg → Strategic French fortress conquered by New England settlers, handed back to the French, and finally conquered again by the British in 1759
Edmund Burke → Strategic French fortress conquered by New England settlers, handed back to the French, and finally conquered again by the British in 1759
Marquis de Montcalm → French general defeated at the Battle of Quebec