5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- thomas jefferson
- without much help or interference from England
- king can't raise taxes without permission of Parliament, monarchs do not rule because of divine right to do so, monarch can't interfere in Parliament's elections, people have the right to a fair and speedy trial, no cruel or unusual punishments allowed and no excessive fines or bail, people have the right to bear arms, people have the right to petition the gov.
- a How did the colonies function?
- b What are the seven parts of the English Bill of Rights?
- c how many chests of tea did the colonists dump into the boston harbor during the boston tea party?
- d who was the princpal writer of the document that would explain why we want to be free?
- e when was the boston tea party?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What was the document called that stated the laws of the Mayflower gov?
- what was the 1st legislative group in the colonies?
- What kind of ideas are england going to bring to the new world?
- Who ran the colonies and who were they appointed by?
- true or false. there were similarities in the colonies.
5 True/False questions
caesar rodney → an ailing member of the deleware delegation. his vote will prove to be a crucial one
return control of governing the colonies to england → which colonies sent representatives to the second continental congress?
states basic human rights (life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness), 27 complaints to king geroge III, and a declaration to the world saying that we are free → what are the 3 parts of the declaration of independence?
january of 1776 → when was the pamphlet Common Sense published?
False → True or False. All of the colonies did not have lawmaking bodies like the Virginia House of Burgesses.