6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- the substance an enzyme acts on
- Polymers of molecules called amino acids
- The monomers of proteins are _________ _________.
- An enzyme is what type of organic compound?
- Our body makes 12 of the 20 required amino acids, however the other 8 are called ______________ amino acids because they must be obtained from the foods that we eat.
5 True/False questions
enzymes → special proteins that act as biological catalysts to speed up chemical reactions that take place in cells
keratin → This is a protein abundant in our skin, hair, and nails.
catalyst → this is a protein used to digest starch.
proteins → An enzyme is what type of organic compound?
active site → the region where an enzyme binds to its substrate