6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- these special proteins are involved in all life processes including digestion, energy storage, and release
- The elements found in proteins are... (alphabetical order separated by comas)
- There are __________ (number) amino acids that vary in shape, size, and chemical properties
- any substance that speeds up the rate of a chemical reaction without being used or changed in the reaction is a ________.
- special proteins that act as biological catalysts to speed up chemical reactions that take place in cells
5 True/False questions
essential → the substance an enzyme acts on
substrate → this is a protein used to digest the sugar found in milk.
amino acids → The monomers of proteins are _________ _________.
active site → this is a protein used to digest the sugar found in milk.
lactase → this is a protein used to digest starch.