6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- special proteins that act as biological catalysts to speed up chemical reactions that take place in cells
- any substance that speeds up the rate of a chemical reaction without being used or changed in the reaction is a ________.
- Polymers of molecules called amino acids
- This is a protein abundant in our skin, hair, and nails.
- the substance an enzyme acts on
5 True/False questions
amino acids → The monomers of proteins are _________ _________.
carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen → The elements found in proteins are... (alphabetical order separated by comas)
active site → the region where an enzyme binds to its substrate
lactase → this is a protein used to digest starch.
proteins → complex polymers made up of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen