6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- this is a protein used to digest starch.
- the region where an enzyme binds to its substrate
- any substance that speeds up the rate of a chemical reaction without being used or changed in the reaction is a ________.
- this is a protein found in red blood cells that transports oxygen
- Our body makes 12 of the 20 required amino acids, however the other 8 are called ______________ amino acids because they must be obtained from the foods that we eat.
5 True/False questions
enzymes → this is a protein used to digest starch.
proteins → Polymers of molecules called amino acids
keratin → This is a protein abundant in our skin, hair, and nails.
20 → There are __________ (number) amino acids that vary in shape, size, and chemical properties
enzymes → these special proteins are involved in all life processes including digestion, energy storage, and release