6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Our body makes 12 of the 20 required amino acids, however the other 8 are called ______________ amino acids because they must be obtained from the foods that we eat.
- The monomers of proteins are _________ _________.
- complex polymers made up of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen
- this is a protein used to digest starch.
- these special proteins are involved in all life processes including digestion, energy storage, and release
5 True/False questions
lactase → this is a protein used to digest starch.
catalyst → this is a protein used to digest starch.
carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen → The elements found in proteins are... (alphabetical order separated by comas)
keratin → This is a protein abundant in our skin, hair, and nails.
hemoglobin → this is a protein found in red blood cells that transports oxygen