5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- carbohydrates, lipids, nucleic acids, proteins
- nucleic acids
- a Molecules that contain carbon are known as _________ molecules.
- b process by which organisms keep internal conditions relatively constant despite changes in the external environment (like a thermostat)
- c the polymers made of nucleotides
- d List the four organic macromolecules talked about in class (in alphabetical order with commas in between)
- e the monomers that make up nucleic acids
5 Multiple choice questions
- A giant molecule in living cells, composed of thousands of smaller monomer molecules is a ________________.
- A building blocks of a polymer
- A weak bond that attracts water molecules to each other is called a ___________ bond.
- solutions that have a high pH (greater than 7) are ______________.
- This molecule is important to maintaining homeostasis in our bodies, it is needed for key reactions, it makes up the majority of our body, and it transports materials throughout the body
5 True/False questions
fatty acids → the monomers of lipids
hydrophilic → molecules that DO mix with water are _______________.
acids → solutions that have a low pH (less than 7) are____________.
cohesion → the polymers made of amino acids
polymer → A building blocks of a polymer