5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- nucleic acids
- a A building blocks of a polymer
- b the monomers of carbohydrates
- c the polymers made of monosaccharides
- d the polymers made of fatty acids
- e the polymers made of nucleotides
5 Multiple choice questions
- the monomers of proteins
- A giant molecule in living cells, composed of thousands of smaller monomer molecules is a ________________.
- solutions that have a high pH (greater than 7) are ______________.
- A structure that results when two or more atoms are joined together by sharing electrons
- A weak bond that attracts water molecules to each other is called a ___________ bond.
5 True/False questions
homeostasis → A property of water that makes water molecules like to stick to each other.
hydrophilic → molecules that do NOT mix with water are ____________.
carbohydrates, lipids, nucleic acids, proteins → List the four organic macromolecules talked about in class (in alphabetical order with commas in between)
organic → Molecules that contain carbon are known as _________ molecules.
acids → the polymers made of fatty acids