5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Fall Line
- Trade Deficit
- a A fling of a strong political religion
- b a natural boundary between 2 landform region with different elevations marked by rapids and waterfalls
- c Government distress similar to states
- d A group of people who leave their native country to form in a new land a settlement subject to, or connected with, the parent nation.
- e The condition that exists when the value of what a country imports exceeds the value of what it exports; also called an unfavorable
5 Multiple choice questions
- A city and its surrounding built up cities
- A region of western California southeast of San Francisco known for its high-technology design and manufacturing industries.
- General agreement
- the buying and renovation of houses and stores in deteriorated urban neighborhoods by upper- or middle-income families or individuals, thus improving property values but often displacing low-income families and small businesses
- An extremely powerful nation, esp. one capable of influencing international events and the acts and policies of less powerful nations.
5 True/False questions
Hot Spot → the Midwestern states where corn is grown; Iowa and Illinois are excellent for raising corn and corn-fed livestock
Newsprint → Inexpensive paper for making newspaper
Lichens → A small plants that consist of fungi and algae
Alluvial Soils → Soil deposited by streams of rivers
Smog → Low area of land surrounded by mountains