5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hot Spot
- a A fling of a strong political religion
- b The belief that certain countries should be independent
- c Any cloth or goods produced by weaving, knitting, or felting.
- d Able to speak two languages with the facility of a native speaker.
- e A place deep within the Earth where hot magma rises to just underneath the surface, creating a bulge and volcanic activity The chain of Hawaiian Islands is thought to have been created by the movement of a tectonic plate over a hot spot.
5 Multiple choice questions
- An extremely powerful nation, esp. one capable of influencing international events and the acts and policies of less powerful nations.
- Events in physical environments that can destroy human life and property
- An are at or near the foot of a mountain region
- Low area of land surrounded by mountains
- Coastal islands created from sand deposited by ocean waves and currents in shallow water
5 True/False questions
Silicon Valley → Able to speak two languages with the facility of a native speaker.
Alluvial Soils → a natural boundary between 2 landform region with different elevations marked by rapids and waterfalls
Lichens → A small plants that consist of fungi and algae
Colonies → A group of people who leave their native country to form in a new land a settlement subject to, or connected with, the parent nation.
Trade Deficit → The condition that exists when the value of what a country imports exceeds the value of what it exports; also called an unfavorable