5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Alluvial Soils
- Dairy Belt
- a The dairy belt is where most of the milk products in America come from.
- b Government distress similar to states
- c Smoke or other atmospheric pollutants combined with fog in an unhealthy or irritating mixture.
- d Inexpensive paper for making newspaper
- e Soil deposited by streams of rivers
5 Multiple choice questions
- The condition that exists when the value of what a country imports exceeds the value of what it exports; also called an unfavorable
- The crest dividing north Americas major river systems into those flowing eastward and those flowing westward
- the buying and renovation of houses and stores in deteriorated urban neighborhoods by upper- or middle-income families or individuals, thus improving property values but often displacing low-income families and small businesses
- A region of western California southeast of San Francisco known for its high-technology design and manufacturing industries.
- A place deep within the Earth where hot magma rises to just underneath the surface, creating a bulge and volcanic activity The chain of Hawaiian Islands is thought to have been created by the movement of a tectonic plate over a hot spot.
5 True/False questions
Basins → Low area of land surrounded by mountains
Megalopolis → A fling of a strong political religion
Colonies → Government distress similar to states
Barrier Islands → Coastal islands created from sand deposited by ocean waves and currents in shallow water
Superpower → The belief that certain countries should be independent