5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Metropolitan Area
- Dairy Belt
- a A city and its surrounding built up cities
- b An urban region, esp. one consisting of several large cities and suburbs that adjoin each other.
- c The dairy belt is where most of the milk products in America come from.
- d Low area of land surrounded by mountains
- e Able to speak two languages with the facility of a native speaker.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A small plants that consist of fungi and algae
- A group of people who leave their native country to form in a new land a settlement subject to, or connected with, the parent nation.
- Coastal islands created from sand deposited by ocean waves and currents in shallow water
- A rejoin that lies far away from major populated centers
- General agreement
5 True/False questions
Alluvial Soils → Soil deposited by streams of rivers
Gentrification → the buying and renovation of houses and stores in deteriorated urban neighborhoods by upper- or middle-income families or individuals, thus improving property values but often displacing low-income families and small businesses
Smog → Smoke or other atmospheric pollutants combined with fog in an unhealthy or irritating mixture.
Superpower → An extremely powerful nation, esp. one capable of influencing international events and the acts and policies of less powerful nations.
Silicon Valley → Able to speak two languages with the facility of a native speaker.