5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Alluvial Soils
- Silicon Valley
- Continental Divide
- a Soil deposited by streams of rivers
- b The crest dividing north Americas major river systems into those flowing eastward and those flowing westward
- c A region of western California southeast of San Francisco known for its high-technology design and manufacturing industries.
- d A fling of a strong political religion
- e Government distress similar to states
5 Multiple choice questions
- A place deep within the Earth where hot magma rises to just underneath the surface, creating a bulge and volcanic activity The chain of Hawaiian Islands is thought to have been created by the movement of a tectonic plate over a hot spot.
- the buying and renovation of houses and stores in deteriorated urban neighborhoods by upper- or middle-income families or individuals, thus improving property values but often displacing low-income families and small businesses
- The condition that exists when the value of what a country imports exceeds the value of what it exports; also called an unfavorable
- Any cloth or goods produced by weaving, knitting, or felting.
- the Midwestern states where corn is grown; Iowa and Illinois are excellent for raising corn and corn-fed livestock
5 True/False questions
Separatism → A fling of a strong political religion
Natural Hazards → Coastal islands created from sand deposited by ocean waves and currents in shallow water
Lichens → A small plants that consist of fungi and algae
Newsprint → Inexpensive paper for making newspaper
Colonies → A group of people who leave their native country to form in a new land a settlement subject to, or connected with, the parent nation.