Upgrade to remove ads
Section 3: RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES and AMERICAN HISTORY
Terms in this set (20)
41. There are 4 amendments to the Constitution about who can vote? What are the 4 rights that protect voting?
You don't have to pay (a poll tax) to vote, Citizens eighteen (18) and older (can vote), Any citizen can vote. (Women and men can vote,)
42. What is one responsibility that requires U.S. citizenship?
serve on a jury
43. Many non-citizens are afforded rights under the U.S. Constitution while in the United States. Which right listed below is only for citizens of the United States? (run for federal office, due process, freedom of speech, freedom of religion)
run for federal office
44. What is 3 rights for everyone living in the United States?
freedom of assembly, freedom of expression, freedom to petition the government
45. What are we pledging allegiance to when we say the Pledge of Allegiance?
The United States
46. What are 3 promises you make when you become a U.S. Citizen?
to give up loyalty to other countries, to obey the laws of the United States, to serve in the U.S. military (if needed)
47. What is the minimum age to be able to VOTE for President?
48. What's the minimum age to be President?
49. What is one way Americans can participate in their democracy?
50. What is the deadline to submit federal income tax forms?
51. What is the common term for Selective Service?
52. What are 3 reasons the English colonists came to the 13 colonies?
escape persecution, economic opportunity, practice their religion
53. Who lived in America before the Europeans arrived?
54. What group of people was taken to America and sold as slaves?
What are 3 reasons the American colonists fought the British for their Independence?
desire for self-government, taxation without representation, British soldiers were living in the homes of the colonists
56. Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?
57. When was the Declaration of Independence ratified (approved by Congress)?
July 4, 1776
58. Which was NOT one of the 13 original states? (Rhode Island, Missouri, New Hampshire, Massachusetts)
59. What happened at the Constitutional Convention?
The Constitution was written
60. When was the Constitution written?
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Section 1: AMERICAN GOVERNMENT: Principles of Demo…
Section 2: AMERICAN GOVERNMENT: System of Governme…
Section 4: AMERICAN HISTORY (continued)
Section 5: GEOGRAPHY and SYMBOLS AND HOLIDAYS
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
APUSH Unit 4 Vocab
US History Semester Exam
US History Regents Questions from 2018 R…
American Cultures Midterm BODEMER
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Zoomy Zoom Zoomy
Unit 7 - Reconstruction Key Terms - Leve…
Unit 7 - Civil War - Level 2 Key Terms
Unit 7 - Civil War - Level 1 Key Terms
OTHER QUIZLET SETS
BEST HESI A2 A&P VERSION 1 AND 2
Air Force NCO Academy Course 9 Vol 2/3
BoM 121 Exam 2 ID statements