Upgrade to remove ads
English Word Voyage Quiz May
Terms in this set (25)
The act of gaining possession. Something gained through one's actions or efforts.
1. The quality of staying attached; steady devotion.
2. The state of being fixed in attachment;fidelity; steady attachment.
Extreme pain, either of body or mind; excruciating distress.
1. A natural ability to do something; readiness in learning; intelligent.
2. A natural or acquired disposition or capacity for a particular purpose, or tendency to a particular action or effect.
To discipline or reprimand severely. To criticize strongly and directly.
1. To pronounce to be wrong; to disapprove of; to censure.
2. To declare the guilt of; to sentence to punishment, suffering, or loss; to doom
3. To give grounds or reason for convicting.
4. To judge or pronounce to be unfit for use or service.
5. To force into a specific state or activity.
Full of daring or bold resistance to authority; insolent.
Reduced; lessened; made smaller; weakened.
1. A person's inherent qualities of mind and character; natural mental and emotional outlook or mood; characteristic attitude; inclination.
2. Physical inclination or tendency.
3. Final settlement of a matter.
1. To mark off as different.
2. physical inclination or tendency.
3. final settlement of a matter.
1. Distracted; deeply agitated.
1.) To move or tend to move under the influence of the force of attraction between any two masses. 2.) To tend toward the lowest level; sink; fall. 3.) To have a natural tendency or be strongly attracted.
1.) Done or occurring without any perceptible duration of time; done without delay. 2.) At or during a given point of time.
The quality or condition of being mutually reliant on each other.
1.) To indulge with unrestrained delight and freedom; to revel. 2.) To grow profusely; to grow to superfluous abundance.
1.) To feed and protect. 2.) To support and encourage, as during the period of training or development; foster. 3.) To bring up; train; educate.
The quality or state of being strictly defined; exact limitation; exactness; accuracy; strict conformity to a rule or a standard; definiteness.
Showing no sign of letting up or weakening in severity, intensity, strength, or pace.
1.) To let go or release; to leave behind; to abandon; to quit. 2.) To give up; to renounce or surrender.
1.) Unwillingly; not eagerly. 2.) In a manner of struggling in opposition.
1.) A delay in the punishment of; suspension of the execution of sentence; a respite. 2.) A warrant authorizing a delay of a sentence.
1.) Added to supply what is wanted; additional; being, or serving as, a supplement. 2.) Geometry: one of two angles or arcs whose sum is 180 degrees.
An act that goes against a law, rule, or code of conduct; an offense.
1.) A process in which all elements behave in the same way at the same time; simultaneous or synchronous parallel action. 2.) In music: coincidence in pitch.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
word voyage unit 3
The Giver Word Voyage
roots, cousins, words wordvoyage
Klingbeil Period 0 1-3 spring words
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Science Flashcards for test on 8/16/18
Spanish Flashcards Page 129
Science Microscope Quiz Study Sheet
Science Structure and Function sheet