English Word Voyage Quiz May
Terms in this set (25)
The act of gaining possession. Something gained through one's actions or efforts.
1. The quality of staying attached; steady devotion.
2. The state of being fixed in attachment;fidelity; steady attachment.
Extreme pain, either of body or mind; excruciating distress.
1. A natural ability to do something; readiness in learning; intelligent.
2. A natural or acquired disposition or capacity for a particular purpose, or tendency to a particular action or effect.
To discipline or reprimand severely. To criticize strongly and directly.
1. To pronounce to be wrong; to disapprove of; to censure.
2. To declare the guilt of; to sentence to punishment, suffering, or loss; to doom
3. To give grounds or reason for convicting.
4. To judge or pronounce to be unfit for use or service.
5. To force into a specific state or activity.
Full of daring or bold resistance to authority; insolent.
Reduced; lessened; made smaller; weakened.
1. A person's inherent qualities of mind and character; natural mental and emotional outlook or mood; characteristic attitude; inclination.
2. Physical inclination or tendency.
3. Final settlement of a matter.
1. To mark off as different.
2. physical inclination or tendency.
3. final settlement of a matter.
1. Distracted; deeply agitated.
1.) To move or tend to move under the influence of the force of attraction between any two masses. 2.) To tend toward the lowest level; sink; fall. 3.) To have a natural tendency or be strongly attracted.
1.) Done or occurring without any perceptible duration of time; done without delay. 2.) At or during a given point of time.
The quality or condition of being mutually reliant on each other.
1.) To indulge with unrestrained delight and freedom; to revel. 2.) To grow profusely; to grow to superfluous abundance.
1.) To feed and protect. 2.) To support and encourage, as during the period of training or development; foster. 3.) To bring up; train; educate.
The quality or state of being strictly defined; exact limitation; exactness; accuracy; strict conformity to a rule or a standard; definiteness.
Showing no sign of letting up or weakening in severity, intensity, strength, or pace.
1.) To let go or release; to leave behind; to abandon; to quit. 2.) To give up; to renounce or surrender.
1.) Unwillingly; not eagerly. 2.) In a manner of struggling in opposition.
1.) A delay in the punishment of; suspension of the execution of sentence; a respite. 2.) A warrant authorizing a delay of a sentence.
1.) Added to supply what is wanted; additional; being, or serving as, a supplement. 2.) Geometry: one of two angles or arcs whose sum is 180 degrees.
An act that goes against a law, rule, or code of conduct; an offense.
1.) A process in which all elements behave in the same way at the same time; simultaneous or synchronous parallel action. 2.) In music: coincidence in pitch.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
word voyage unit 3
The Giver Word Voyage
roots, cousins, words wordvoyage
Klingbeil Period 0 1-3 spring words
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Science Flashcards for test on 8/16/18
Spanish Flashcards Page 129
Science Microscope Quiz Study Sheet
Science Structure and Function sheet