5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Peter and Ray are riding their horses together. Peter jokingly tells Ray that Ray's horse is too slow. Ray laughs and jokingly responds, "Yes, he is too slow! I would sell him for $5!" Peter hands Ray $5. This is
- An offer made in obvious anger is still an effective offer.
- T/F? Consideration is the value given in return for a promise.
- Sparky offers Teodora $1,000 for her collection of rare coins. She accepts. If a dispute arises, a court would likely
- Fresh Fast Service, Inc., offers to deliver produce to Growers' Market's customers for a certain price. Fresh's intent to extend a serious offer to Growers' Market is determined by reference to
- a what a reasonable person in Growers' position would conclude Fresh's words and actions meant
- b F
- c T
- d not question the adequacy of the consideration
- e not a valid acceptance because Ray's offer was made in jest
5 Multiple choice questions
- an express contract
- the parties' intent.
- both a legal and a moral obligation to keep his promise
5 True/False questions
The mirror image rule requires an acceptance to adhere exactly to an offer to create a contract. → F
Franzea is injured in an accident caused by Gentry. Gentry agrees to pay Franzea $2,500 if she agrees to release him from further liability. She agrees. If Franzea's damages ultimately exceed $2,500, she can collect → T
T/F? Some promises create moral, but not legal, obligations. → T
T/F? Browse-wrap terms are arguably not enforceable. → T
Quality Sales Corporation enters into contracts over the Internet. Quality can protect itself against disputes involving these contracts by making important terms → F