1. Place pt in a left lateral position to prevent pressure on the vena cava.
2. Administer O2 therapy via nasal cannula
3. Monitor O2 sat levels via pulse oximetry
4. Obtain maternal V/S frequently
5. Assess fundal height for changes.
6. Monitor amount and characteristics of any vaginal bleeding
7. Be alert for S&S of DIC, such as bleeding gums, tachycardia, oozing from the IV insertion site, and petechia, and administer blood products as ordered if DIC occurs
8. Institute continuous electronic fetal monitoring.
9. Assess uterine contractions and report any increased uterine tenseness or rigidity. Observe the tracing for tetanic uterine contractions or changes in fetal heart rate patterns suggesting fetal compromise