5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Gay-Lussac's Law (formula)
- Graham's Law (formula)
- a In Chemistry, the term diffusion is defined as the movement of particles of a fluid from a place of relatively high concentration to a place with low concentration. It occurs due to the randomness of motion caused by thermal energy.
- b A fluid is a substance that continually deforms (flows) under an applied shear stress. Fluids are a subset of the phases of matter and include liquids, gases, plasmas and, to some extent, plastic solids.
- e synonymous with mm Hg
5 Multiple choice questions
- The number of moles of a component of a solution divided by the total number of moles of all components.
- Constant volume
- When there is a barrier with one or many small holes that prevent a gas to expand into the new volume unless a gas molecule happens to travel through the hole. The term "small" when referring to the holes are holes with diameters less than the mean free path of the gas molecules.
- universal gas constant
(a.k.a. molar gas constant, a.k.a. ideal gas constant)
5 True/False questions
R-value when dealing with ENERGY → .0821 L∙atm/(mol∙K)
Dalton's Law (words) →
Boyle's Law (formula) →
Mean Free Path → The number of moles of a component of a solution divided by the total number of moles of all components.
The curved lines on a PV-graph (are called...?)