5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- A steady light source (110 volts) used in place of a mirror.
- On a low power microscope, there is a frosted circular glass plate that fits in over the lower illuminator.
- Connects the eyepiece to the objective lenses
- Supports the tube and connects it to the base
- This is the knob used to fine tune the focus on the specimen. It is also used to focus on various parts of the specimen. Generally one uses the coarse focus first to get close then moves to the fine focus knob for fine tuning.
5 True/False questions
Oil Immersion Lens → They almost always consist of 4X, 10X, 40X and 100X powers. When coupled with a 10X (most common) eyepiece lens, we get total magnifications of 40X (4X times 10X), 100X , 400X and 1000X.
Stage Clips → Clips on the stage used to hold the slide in place.
Turret → Connects the eyepiece to the objective lenses
Base → The bottom of the microscope, used for support
Stage → Connects the eyepiece to the objective lenses