5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- The document that English nobles forced King John to approve in 1215, limiting the king's power and protecting the rights of the people.
- someone who learns to trade by working for somone in that trade for a certain period of time
- the right of journalists to publish the truth without restriction or penalty
- a representative lawmaking body whose members are elected or appointed and in which legislative and executive functions are combined.
- a group of people who have the powers to make laws
4 True/False questions
libel → the highest class.the upper class of the colonial society
indentured servant → a family that includes,in addition to the parents and their children,other members such as grandparents,aunts,uncles,and cousins
King William&Queen Mary → parliament removed King James II and invited his daughter and her husband to rule.This was called the Glorious Revolution.They signed the English Bill of Rights
Peter Zenger → he was a publisher of new york weekly journal,was arrested for printing articles that criticized the governer.he was charged with libel.but what he printed was true so he was not guilty.because telling the truth was his job